“Great evening of race fun”
Review of Lets Race

Lets Race
Ranked #1 of 3 Fun & Games in Horley
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a unique entertainment centre catering for anyone who enjoys racing, motorsport or who appreciates an adrenalin rush! Our full motion, professional race car simulators feature a booming sound system, creating an atmosphere that simply has to be experienced to be believed. Our F1 model offers speeds of up to 185mph to give you a real rush, while developing enough downforce to keep you flying round the track when you get to those tricky corners.Our blacked out sim room comes alive while spectators can sit in the grandstand to watch the races unfold. Down on the illuminated grated floor, our 10 networked sims allow drivers to experience a wide variety of circuits, meaning you can race on the same tracks as the real racing stars.Lets Race is proud to announce a new partnership with the Marussia F1 Team, which will see us become the fan headquaters for the team racing in the 2013 FIA Formula 1 World Championship.The Marussia F1 Team is a young and ambitious challenger in the FIA Formula 1 World Championship. Now in it's forth year of competition, the Team is going from strength to strength at the pinnacle of motorsport.Together Lets Race and Marussia F1 Team bring passion and accessibility to the highest level of single seater motorsport, creating a centre for race fans to gather and support one of F1's friendliest teams. Showing live coverage on Sky Sports F1, fans can watch all the F1 action before taking part in their own race.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We had a groupon deal so only cost £25, had great fun

1  Thank Paul s

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just returned from an evening at pure tech racing.....all I can say is wow! Staff are great, alot to do/look at while you are waiting for your race including a replica (I assume) mclaren f1 racIng car amongst others! The driving itself is brilliant, as a beginner we drove around a made up track however members are able to drive numerous circuits from around the world. The racing and format is unbelievably good fun and loved the real f1 driving position! All in all an absolutely brilliant couple of hours that I would recommend to everybody!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

Visited this place at the weekend and was excellent. Always wanted to do the real F1 experiance that costs about £1400 but could never justify the expense so when I found out about this place it was straight to the top of the to do list!! PTR is located about a 5 min drive from gatwick airport and is easy to find. Opon arrival you will be instantly drawn to Lewis Hamiltons F1 car in the window. We entered and was greeted by the manager (Sorry I cant remember your name!) who was excellent giving us a run down of the layout. We were early so we decided to go and watch some of the racing and get to know the track as they use one thats made up so any ps3 gamers its no good practicing!! We had a tea at the cafe part of the building which was reasonably priced before being called for our briefing. The briefing was excellent and the managers passion shone through as he gave priceless information to get you racing whilst being very funny showing how typically everyone gets competative. We then moved through to the simulators for our first 15 min qualifing. The simutalors really are something else, more advanced than any I have seen and including a full cockpit so your almost laying down once in them. You bring your own head phones to plug in and once the session starts you forget your in a simulator. The control of the car is excellent and you feel every bump or gravel if you make a mistake. I have done a few single seater experiance and I can ohnestly say its almost idententical. lock up your brakes and you with skid sometimes with the back end trying to step out, drive smoothly and you'll be rewarded as you get more comfortable in the car. Our instructor said his aim was to get everyone under a 1 min 20 lap so when I finished the session in second with a 1 min 8 I was more than chuffed! Bare in mind the regulars on the leaderboard post 1 min 1's! we had a break and we were given telemetry from our session and the instructor went through the areas we could improve our times. you really did feel like an f1 driver studying your stats to try and find where you can eek out more time! the second session was a race and after a smooth get away I was clear managing to get a better start to the man on pole. Not knowing how far in front I was I ppushed as much as I could. After a coulple of laps I started to get in the groove and started applying the extra info I learnt in the break. instantly every lap time was coming down with the peak being a 1 min 5, not bad for a begginner and it turned out I was the only one in the group to get this low. I won the race and almost jumped out the car!! From the momment I stepped out of the car all ive wanted to do is get back in them! PTR do a membership which I think I will sign up for to get sessions for cheaper and member nights with leagues etc. Such good fun whether it be just you on your own, with your partner or in a group! I cant wait to go back! :)

Reviewed 20 October 2011

Like the close location to airport and that cars are parked on site

1  Thank DivakentKent
Reviewed 11 June 2011

At last, something to do in Horley, indoors, and something brilliant at that! Pure Tech Racing is a very professionally run Formula 1 Racing Simulation Centre. With 10 full motion 'real' racing cars that race simultaneously, you all get to see the circuit, your positions, fastest laps etc. A member of the PTR team is always on hand to ask questions, to take everyone through a briefing session, oversee the racing and hand out printouts and advise who came 1st, 2nd etc at the end. There are 2 different options, the first which is called a test session is great as a gift, you are there for an hour and even though you are on the track for only 15 mins, it takes all your concentration and effort. For the pros there is a full Race Experience costing £35 each or £300 for 10 people which lasts 2 hours.
If you can get 10 people together it's better as you are certain to get the session to yourselves, whereas if there are 2 or 3 of you, you may get joined with another party - it depends on how busy they are.
It's just so good to have something different to do, that's right on our doorstep!

3  Thank Intavia