“Best porridge I have EVER eaten” 5 of 5 bubbles

Armadillo Cafe and Grill
Ranked #15 of 116 Restaurants in Horley
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best porridge I have EVER eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

My title says it all absolutely delish with fresh fruit on top it was outstanding and perfect for my journey ahead. Everyone enjoyed their choice of breakfast. Service excellent and with a smile

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Holmemaker

• Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I had a quick bite to eat here with my boyfriend before going abroad.
Every restaurant was full, but this one appealed more than the others so we waited for about 5 mins for a table.

We gathered that we'd be waiting for while for food anywhere we went, so we kept it safe by having a couple of bits from the snack menu and we drank cocktail/beer. They were reasonably priced.

We used the quick payment which is a good idea and I would recommend.

The staff were rushed off their feet but still very friendly.The only thing I didn't like was the supervisor, she was extremely rude to the host and looked very grubby (her stomach poking out her unwashed non-uniform shirt) she made us and the surrounding customers feel very uncomfortable after shouting at the host who was clearly busy. Other than that it was a good visit...

1 Thank Ellen030692
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Average, that's the best I can do.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Ate in here for some lunch as I had a LONG wait and wanted to go to Jamie's Italian for dinner.

I got seated without any issues and when I saw the menu I thought 'So far so good' - unfortunately the food just...wasn't great.

I had the chicken and chorizo quesadilla, the chorizo didn't taste like chorizo and I'm not a fan of mystery meat so I had to pick it all out.

Maybe I just got a bad choice.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ISawAnAngel
Voorhout, The Netherlands
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid - take any alternatives including staying hungry ....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Ordered a burger, more than 10 pound so was looking forward.
The bun was taste less, the meet was overcooked and the french fries was so undercooked that it called be called raw.

The 4 waiters was to busy talking bad about customers not giving them tips, that I gave up trying to tell them what was on my plate versus what should have been there. Shortly before I left, one waiter was trying to trick a non english speaking guest to add a service tip while paying with his credit card - it failed which caused more bad wording about foreign customers in the waiter group afterwards. The location is nice, but that was not the goal of the visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London
“A great wee place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

This place is a welcome addition to the restaurants at Gatwick North. Nice food and a fun atmosphere gets you right in the holiday mood - and made me think about going on holiday to Santa Fe one day!

1 Thank w62