Best Western Gatwick Skylane Hotel
US$119
US$84
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Gatwick Corner House Hotel(Horley)(Great Value!)
US$100
  • Room Service
US$145
US$138
1,252 results
All reviewsindian mealdays parkingboth wayspre flightnight stayovernight stopexcellent valuestopoverduration
Reviewed 2 January 2012

We booked this hotel a day before we flew out from Gatwick. We wish we had not as it was not a great start to a holiday.
Checking in was not a problem, rather easy and completed within 5 minutes.
The room was on the 1st floor, they do have a lift for people that are unable to climb the stairs. The room itself, it small, but does have all the amenities.
Now, this is where the problem arise. The bed is tiny, a double is slightly bigger then a single bed. Trying to get to bed with 2 adults is not easy.
The shower / bath, in small and HORRIBLE. The water pressure is so poor that a drizzle is the only way I can explain what comes out of the shower head.
The radiator in the bathroom did not turn on, and when speaking to reception, I was told that it will come on "automatically, as it is on a timer". Asking at what time it would come on, "I do not know, I just know that it will come on".
Had a shower, went out and came back, still stone cold. Gave them the benefit of doubt and waited till morning, to be greeted with COLD and WET towels!!!

The bar / restaurant is ok, serve a wide range of wines and the general tap beers. The barman was unhelpful, no manners and kept disappearing, we later found out that he was a barman, a waiter and odd job person too. Talk about multi tasking.

Overall, we would not stay here again, they mention on their website that it has had a complete refurbishment, well, if it has, they have certainly taken a lot of shortcuts.

I have stayed in many Days Inns in USA, but this one, is nothing on them.
A very big thumbs down.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sunny P
Reviewed 27 December 2011

An excellent hotel, great staff and good sized rooms for an overnight stay near Gatwick airport. The collection from and to the airport worked efficiently and reliably. I would definitely stay here again on my next UK trip.

Room Tip: Be friendly to the staff!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2011

Rooms were newly refurbished and comfortable. Restaurant has some character and served us at quickly and conveniently at 10pm as we arrived late. The staff were friendly and helpful. Only stayed the one night, I know there are many hotels for Gatwick on this road but would recommend this one - no problems and convenient, about £4 in a taxi back to the airport.

Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2011

I wad stranded at Gatwick airport last night. I found Days because it wad a chain and is usually good value for sleep purposes only. I missed the last shuttle so I had to get a taxi...its a few mules out. On arrival the manager was welcoming and pleasant. It was £49 with breakfast. The hotel itself is shabby and in GREAT NEED OF REFURB. However, that doesn't bother me for an overnight stay. The bed was clean, room clean, bathroom clean. Tiny towels....need to be aged 5 for them to cover you! The shower needs descaling and the gel dispenser didn't work till i took the bag out. There was no remote for tv so had to keep getting out of bed....I wouldn't have minded any of the above till the morning arrived. Bang bang bang on my door just after 9am. I ignored, it continued and then the door opened!!! "Can you tell me when your leaving madam"? I am asleep, tired, and now grumpy....Five minutes later the little madam Hitler on reception called. "You know that check out is 11 mam"
Is this a hotel or a boot camp I ask myself!
I left my room at 11.20 because the so called Courtesy shuttle leaves at half past the hour ALTHOUGH YOU HAVE TO PAY £4 FOR IT..and then I was rudely told I would need to pay another £10 for late check out....what a joke!
I didn't eat breakfast so can't comment on that....

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 8 December 2011

Sat nav on Tom Tom send you to a cul du sac round the back, but once found, it is OK. Lots of parking on site and god size double room with comfy beds. Minibus is £3 each to airport or £6 canb fare and the bus is free on way back. Clean venue and quiet location. Also normal buses stop outside for gatwick during day. Good value with the parking

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple