Best Western Gatwick Skylane Hotel
US$108
  • Room Service
Masslink Guest House(Horley)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$88
  • Breakfast included
US$172
US$162
Gatwick Corner House Hotel(Horley)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$100
US$83
Priceline
1,251 results
All reviewsindian mealdays parkingboth wayswake up callnight staypre flightper personovernight stopexcellent valuestopoverduration
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Well what can I say, this hotel is one of those places that generally gets used by the stopover clan of which I am one. I arrived in Gatwick in November 2013 and took a cab to this nightmare in the Surrey countryside. I knew things were not going well when the reception staff spent a staggering 43 minutes trying to check in the couple in front of me. When it was my turn to be checked in it went relatively smoothly I booked and paid for a shuttle to take me to the airport the following morning and also paid for a breakfast. i was given my room card and struggled up several flights of stairs with my suitcase (the lift was working occasionally). After getting into my room I was disappointed to note that despite the fact it was November and cold outside no heating was available in the room, this was a minor gripe in comparison to the fact that the room had two 2ft 6inch camp beds in it, they were very wobbly and sleep wasn't an option. A kettle was provided which didn't have a plug on it, so therefore no tea or coffee items were there, the TV picked up BBC1 only. I left my room taking only my room card to explore the hotel and find out what time the restaurant would be open, I spent around 10 minutes doing so and asked the reception staff when the restaurant would be open and was informed that this was 6pm. i went back to my room to find that I couldn't get it and had to return to reception to be told by the same receptionist that had checked me into the hotel; I needed some form of ID to prove I was staying in the Hotel, now don't get me wrong, I understand that you can get a lot of people coming through a reception area but is someone's memory that bad that they don't remember something that happened an hour ago! After some discussion and a grudging reluctance I was given a another card which allowed access and I returned the faulty card. The restaurant was okay but everything clearly came from Iceland and some of it had not been defrosted properly before cooking. Despite having had very little sleep due to the awful beds I tried to have a shower in the morning only to find that both the shower and bath did not work as there was a trickle of water coming from the taps. The same thing went for the washbasin, it was a trickle of water from the cold tap and nothing from the hot tap. I could not wait to leave this place, and I would never recommend it to anyone it's truly appalling. I know this is a low budget bargain basement hotel but you do expect a few basics to be met.

Room Tip: For a good room - Choose a different hotel!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Jane Ravenwood
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Our recent one night stay at the above hotel was excellent. The room felt rather cold on arrival but soon heated up once we turned the heating on. The room had everything we needed - good beds, tea and coffee making facilities, digital TV and a bath, ideal for relaxing in.
The reception staff were very efficient and friendly, and the £5 return hotel taxi to the North terminal at Gatwick was on time both ways. The car parking was well organised and the car was very close by for our return journey home.

We would highly recommend this hotel

Shirley & John King

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Second stay at this hotel. Nice room which comes with good facilities. We were unable to have breakfast as have to leave half 6 for flight. Here is a tip, maybe not cooked but continental breakfast can definitely be arranged early mornings and maybe having snack menu for late comers??

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 6 December 2013

we booked ourselves into this hotel for one night before the flight to Tenerife and to have our car parked for the duration of our Holiday. The total cost of the room and the parking for 8 nights was ridiculously low (arouns £70) considering we got a free shuttle to and from the airport which was prompt friendly courteous and efficient.
the hotel and room was clean comfortable and friendly, we slept like logs and enjoyed our stay.
whilst there we had a drink and a meal in the restaurant and I have to say it was one of the tastiest Indian meals I have ever had and I told the manager so .
over all this was a great start to our holiday thank you days inn if we need this service again we will be back.
when we returned we phone from the airport and the shuttle was with us in five minutes and we were treated like honoured clients by the driver and whisked away to find our car waiting near the door with no fuss at all .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Having booked this hotel for one night prior to flying, I then looked at the reviews and, to my dismay, I saw that most of them were poor. I therefore was not expecting much and apologised in advance to the friend who was travelling with me.

What a surprise! I think I must have stayed at a different hotel from most people! My friend and I arrived at Gatwick South an hour later than expected, due to traffic delays, and the shuttle bus to Days was just pulling in, so we didn't have to make a telephone call. The driver was helpful and friendly and told us that the fare was only £5 each return, rather than around £7 each way in a taxi.

Check-in at the hotel was friendly and fuss-free and, on arrival in our room, we found a three-bedded room, rather than the twin we had asked for, but that just gave us extra space on which to put our suitcases. The room (number 40, I think) was not large, but had enough space for us to move around easily, and it was decorated attractively. The beds were very comfortable and, in fact, my friend said hers was more comfortable than she had at home! The bathroom, like the bedroom, was very clean and there was a good supply of hot water to the shower.

We had pre-booked an evening meal and had the choice of any main course from the Indian or standard menu. We both chose the sirloin steak, which was cooked perfectly to each of our tastes. Looking at other people who had ordered the Indian food, it looked excellent too. In fact, we followed our steak with the Kulfi, which was delicious!

We had a very comfortable night and enjoyed our breakfast. There was a choice of hot and cold food and the cooked breakfast was freshly cooked, not left standing in warming cabinets.

The return shuttle to the Airport was timely and the driver again very friendly and helpful. In fact, all the staff were very friendly and helpful.

All in all, we both said that this was an excellent budget hotel near to Gatwick Airport and will happily stay there again.

As I have said before in my reviews of other hotels - if you want five star accommodation, go to a five star hotel and pay a five star price!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends