We stayed at this Travelodge for one night in late April 2013, I booked it like most reviewers as we had an early morning flight to catch and did not want to drag the kids out of bed in the middle of the night.
We booked a family room and I rang them up beforehand to ensure they put a cotbed in the room for my baby and make up the sofa bed for my toddler.
On arrival at Gatwick airport we had to catch the hotel's bus, the wait was just under 25', and the ride about 10-15' as it stops once more on the way. Check in was swift and pleasant, and the room as ready for us on arrival. Pleasant and very large room, with ample space for our 7 pieces of luggage and our double pushchair. The sofa bed was made very nicely and the cot was also prepared, there was even space for the children to move about very happily. Coffee and tea making facilities and extra towels and pillows were available. The bathroom was comfortable and found the pressure and temperature to be very good indeed.
We arrived late afternoon, and decided to have dinner in their restaurant, so took the lift down to the ground floor.
The restaurant is lovely, bright and wisely decorated, the bar staff courteous and polite. I ordered a meal for my toddler and shandys for us, we later had a meal too, all of which were nicely warm and tasty. The prices of the food and alcohol and very reasonable, and much lower compared to our local pub in London. The restaurant and bar became very busy after 7p.m. But the service remained good every time we went to order more stuff.
Check out was very swift and uncomplicated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Gatwick Airport Central hotel sits in a prime location just a mile from Gatwick airport. Rest your head here, then catch your flight feeling rested, refreshed and ready for your trip. There's also plenty to see in the surrounding area, including Hever Castle, once home to Anne Boleyn, and Chartwell House. And why not take advantage of the 24-hour shuttle to both the North and South terminals? Our exciting multi-million pound refurbishment programme brings you newly designed standard rooms with our comfy king size Travelodge Dreamer™ bed, four plump pillows and a cosy duvet. Plus our new SuperRoom option for added comforts. Our newly designed Bar Café serves breakfast and tasty evening meals. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelodge Hotels Ltd, TripOnline SA, Stayforlong S.L., Ebookers, getaroom.com, Southall Travel and Cancelon so you can book your Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central Hotel Horley
- Mercure Hotel Horley
- Accor London Gatwick Airport
- Renaissance Horley
- Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central Horley, Surrey