Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
Hookwood Lodge(Hookwood)
3,872 results
All reviewstravel lodgegatwick airportan early flightall you can eatthe buscomfortable bedbar restaurantcar parksouth terminalgood nights sleepper personcomfortable stayexcellent valueself serviceshort staynight staystayed here for one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Wow! Very pleasantly surprised after a long journey. Clean and comfortable bed, spotless bathroom with large fluffy towels, and a delicious meal (vegetable masala) in the bar. Room 252 is very quiet and at the end of the hallway. The hotel is a short drive from Gatwick North Terminal. Excellent value for money and would stay again. The only downside...no phone in room for a wake up call so bring a travel alarm clock.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I had an early flight from gatwick on 8th oct 2013 so booked travelodge central after some reasearch on the web n found them to be the most reasonable at £22 perfect I was checked in quickly and told room was 157 but not told that room 157 was in fact not in main building afer 10 minutes of trying to find it I found a notice on the middle stairwell that says room 154 -170 via ground floor this I followed till I got to the area I needed to be at then wasfaced with stairs I was lugging around pretty heavy luggage late at night and was by now fed up so back to reception I went and explained they apologised and changed my room to 2nd floor 245 thankfully theirs a lift the room itself was nice and comfortable the bed comfy tv coffee / tea the bathroom clean and functional it was past 12am by the time I thought I could do with a drink so off I went to find a bar it was open 24 hrs I was told handy for late arrivals and early departures prices reasonable and an ok choice after few drinks I went to bed the room was quite hot so went to open window notice on window states does not open noise control due to location I suspect I still had a few hours comfortable sleep before my unearthly early departure cant complain the place was perfect for wot its intended for short stays wot more do u want or need and at £22 although had I been quicker at booking id have got the room for a bargain £17 remember this book in advance and ule get a really good room at a really good price and 5minutes to gatwick theirs taxis immediatly outside £6 or shuttle bus £3 pp I will use thise Travelodge again it does wot it says on tin a good nights sleep at a good nights price

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night prior to an early morning flight out of Gatwick.
We paid about £40 for our room. I was very pleasantly surprised at how clean and well presented it was. Don't get me wrong this is no holiday hotel, however it had a good bathroom with bath and shower multi channelled tv and a very comfy bed. Excellent price and friendly front of house staff.
Would i stay again, of course i would:)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here overnight before an early morning flight. Staff were very helpful in finding location to return hire car. This is a very busy hotel as you can imagine. We ate here in the evening and everyone enjoyed their food. Clean, comfortable rooms, highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Considering this hotel is so close to Gatwick Airport, you hardly hear the planes. The beds are comfortable. The room is basic, but what do you expect for the price. There is a TV and tea making facilities.Provide your own toiletries. Not much space to hang clothes, but probably most people would be there only overnight, so wouldnt need much. I stayed in the disabled access room, with a wet room. This was good, but the water spread too far across the room, so made it a bit dangerous.I would certainly recommend this hotel. If travelling from the airport on the shuttle bus, be careful though, as I was conned into getting into a minibus, whose driver said he was the hotel bus and would drop me at the front door. In fact, it was not the offical bus, which I now know looks like a proper bus, but a minibus driver poaching business. I was dropped on the main road, and expected to drag a heavy case quite a long way to the hotel door, across a busy main road. Not easy when you are disabled on walking sticks! So beware, only get on a proper bus.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo