“Perfect nights sleep before our Gatwick flights”

Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Perfect nights sleep before our Gatwick flights”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This review is based on my expectations from using such a service.
I really like Travelodge Hotels. I find them cheap and cheerful but comfort levels exceed the cost.
This Gatwick lodge is as good as any I have stayed in and was only 5 mins drive from the main Airport car parks which I personally prefer to use.
If returning to Gatwick I will definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
  • Polish first
Isle Of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We had an overniight stay either side of a week in Spain and chose Travelodge family room basically for price but were pleasantly surprised at the ease in getting to the place (bus every 15 minutes), the rooms were spotless and comfortable and the food was good quality and very reasonab;y priced. All the stff were very friendly and we were under no pressure to vacate on our last day..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

North Wales, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed with my family for the very first time at this Travelodge in Gatwick Central last weekend and we find it really good. Family room is surprisingly spacious and clean. I specifically love the layout of the room where the bathroom is kinda build more privately. I mean the bathroom door is further away from the beds. I had a room where air-conditioned works well so me and my family really had a good slept all through the night. Bathroom were sparkly clean too which is very important in a hotel room. We also enjoyed our breakfast and again, we just love the space. A huge lobby too. I much prefer spacious hotel as it is less stressful especially when my kids decided to play around and make noise. It was a great night! I highly recommend this hotel especially to those who fly from Gatwick aiport as it is pretty spacious, clean, good service and good value for money. A++++++++++++

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Javea, Spain
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stay here regularly, very convenient for late arrival into Gatwick airportor early start from Gatwick airport, shuttle bus runs all night. Bar is ok, late night snacks more than acceptable main meals are value for money.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night before our flight the next day.
The room sare fresh and clean.
Bathroom could be cleaner and some fixtures and fittings need replacing.
Went to the restuarant down stairs for dinner.
Food was ok but ok for price.
Beds are comfortable and clean.
Air con was faulty

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Cornwall
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Overall excellent for an overnight stay prior to flight from Gatwick, quick and easy transfer to and from airport, room was clean and comfortable and very good value as booked well in advance. Only down side was the food, was cheap but the quality suffered very poor quality. Would have been better to have just one course and concentrated on standard.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

It was perfectly placed as a stop over for work. All the staff were very nice and the pizza there was very tasty. Breakfast did a job and filled a gap Neil the afternoon.

But as I was working on a proposal, I was awake until 1am. Pulled back the covers and there was a yellow stain on the sheet and it smelt!!

So, decided to sleep on top of the duvet so was cold and a bad night sleep. Would have changed if it wasn't already late.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
TravelodgeUK, Amy from Customer Services at Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
We are sorry to learn of your recent dissatisfaction Ceri g. We would expect our housekeeping staff to check all of our linen so it is regrettable to learn you found your sheets were in an unacceptable condition. We would like to take this opportunity to investigate the concerns that you have raised, please use the contact us button on our website to provide us with more information which will allow us to offer a resolution.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#6 of 11 in Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Ibis London Gatwick Airport

Been to Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central? Share your experiences!