“Barely average”

Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Very basic and also very grubby the communal areas are filthy with thick dust on the carpets. From some previous pictures some of the rooms look refurbished however ours was very sparce on furniture (looked like someone had nicked a bed?) And the bathroom was awful, chipped marble everywhere very bad shower pressure and a blocked bath! I know this is a budget hotel but travelodge need to spend some money bringing this place up to scratch. We also paid for a full English breakfast 7 pounds and all that was on offer was bacon sausage beans and scrambled eggs for 7 pounds I would at least expect a FULL English. Lastly we didn't pay for parking at the hotel during our holiday but I would strongly suggest you think twice about parking here. The surrounding area is extremely run down and I have only seen one security camera outside of the hotel I personally would not be happy to leave my car here for any period of time.

We stayed at the premier Inn before we travelled and would definitely stick to them in the future we paid 5 pound more but it was worth every penny! Stretch a little further and chose premier Inn people

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here once again, easy access to Gatwick by bus or taxi. Happy helpful staff . The bar is well stocked, there is a wide choice on the menu. The social area is large and the breakfast very good for the price. We had a good night's sleep and were fresh for our onward journey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Was very clean, quick check in and room had everything we needed for an overnight stay. Only problem being a smoker was had to go outside to smoke which is not ideal feel they could offer some smoking rooms. Would not stop me returning as is mostly the norm these days, only tip can give you is bus cost more for 2 than taxi so would book taxi to airport and when we arrived in Gatwick it was quite a long walk to bus stance, so would google local taxis and call them next time, but in all a nice clean hotel

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Hotel is on the outskirts of Gatwick Airport, there is a large car park outside the hotel for parking, there is a airport shuttle from the South and North terminal to the hotel. Hotel is basic no thrills basic bed but comfortable as the hotel has been decorated, bathroom, tv with what I would call a poor choice of channels, there is somewhere to have a drink and something eat, a large supermarket is around 5 - 10 minutes in the car.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Enjoyed my 2 overnight stays in the Travelodge Central which was recently refurbished to a high standard.The staff were welcoming and friendly and the meals were plentyful.A most relaxing stay
Highly recommend..

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I used the Travelodge the night before an early flight. Staff were very friendly, helpful and informative. The room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was fantastic. Brilliant deal where the kids ate free and the food on offer was hot, tasty and freshly made. Bit of a wait for someone to allow us to go through and have breakfast but they did apologise and it would not put me off staying again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Gatwick central is ideally located for those of us with early flights and a lengthy journey to Gatwick, We booked roughly 3 months in advance and got an amazing price (£19 per family room!).
Parking was easy about £7 for the night, although some folk were parking on the road outside the hotel, I didnt fancy carting my luggage up the driveway (next time I might organise myself a little better and pack seperately for the 1 evening). Check in was a doddle using the e-check in but a member of staff was available to deal with any problems.
It was a lovely evening so we decided to walk into the village and use the Olde 6 bells pub, food was nice but it was really REALLY busy, and we flew very early so I cant review the hotel food.
The room was as expected from Travelodge, very clean, very comfortable with a great view of the runway for those of you with a penchant for aircraft.
Although it is listed as North terminal, it is almost as close to South, I would choose this hotel above the other "south terminal" travelodge. It is newer cleaner and has more facilities in and around it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel
Gatwick Corner House Hotel

Been to Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central? Share your experiences!