“Ok for one night only”

Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here like most people before a flight. Arrived and found the car park was quite small and very busy. I am glad a didn't arrive any later otherwise parking would have been a problem. I noticed a whole line if work vans arrive and builders who where working locally get out. No problem with this except they all gathered outside the front smoking. They jabbered away and I thought I was visiting the kremlin. Car parking cost £7.50 and the machine in the car park to pay was quite complicated to use. Dinner in the dining room was ok room is vast and a bit lifeless. Long wait for food but good quality when it arrived. I did notice a number of other people sending food back but mine was ok except waitress asked if I was ready off desert before my main course had arrived. Room was basic and clean but had no phone in it. The lack of phone would not normally concern me but at midnight a huge row broke out in the room next door. After 20 minutes when female was in the corridor I called the police as I could not call reception.
Ok for one night stay but must be better around

Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (3,724)

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I know this is an economy hotel but there are some essentials that need improvement.
We stayed overnight after a long drive before catching an early morning flight. On arrival it was really speedy and efficient then it went downhill.
Not arriving until 8pm we were really hungry. We went to restaurant and ordered our meal. After half an hour we noticed everyone being served...they had lost our order. However, they were very speedy in reacting to this error and Steve was very apologetic giving us a full refund.
When try to go back to our room after 10pm only one lift out of 3 was working. Another person commented this was a regular event.
When we were all in bed trying to get to sleep we had loads of kids running around making loads of noise. After 20minutes we went out and asked them to shush. For ages onwards all we could here was loads of doors opening and closing, and it wasn't only our floor we could hear downstairs doors as well. I managed to get to sleep about 1Amish.
The hotel seemed very busy and staff seemed very shorthanded. The two girls at the bar did very well to keep smiling when they were under so much pressure.
Also, we prepaid for wi-fi but there were no instructions on how to access this easily. It only appeared on my phone in the morning. There was no reception in the evening.
I know this is a budget hotel and there are limitations but we will definitely be going back to Premier Inn.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central for one night whilst on my way to Iceland. The hotel is big and clean and only a 5 min drive from the Gatwick airport. It offers value for money but you have to put up with minor inconveniences such as no phone or Mini Bar or alarm clock in the room and free wi-fi is limited only 30 min. The food (only had breakfast) is ok but nothing to brag about. That said its a great option for a quick rest at a budget cost.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I read a few reviews of this travelodge as being dirty, rundown and unfriendly. However this was not the case for us as we were quite happy with the level of comfort and cleanliness. Perhaps some people have much higher standards but for 32 GB pounds you will not get to stay at the 'Airport Sofitel'. Travelodge price is right for a quick overnighter. The check in at 1700 was very quick, the receptionist was polite and our room was clean with a very comfortable bed. The bar/restaurant was large and well kept even if it may have been lacking a certain ambience. The menu and food looked OK for staple fodder although we did not eat here but had a couple of drinks. We will try the food next time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed at the Gatwick Central Travelodge on returning from our holiday as our flight landed late at night. We also used the hotel to park the car for the week. It was by far the cheapest car parking I could find at £60 for the week, and the room was great value for money at £43 for a double room. It turned out to be a great little find. The car park is close to the airport and linked by shuttle bus (£3 each way per person), and it was great to be right by the car to make our getaway after a lovely full English breakfast. The room was newly refurbished although did look as though there was a sofa missing, but it was unbelievably quiet and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My name is Adda GOUAICH from Algeria. I stayed my last night in this hotel with a group of my students in two family rooms . The hotel was nice & quiet and the the staff at the reception Mr. GREG & the lady ANGELA were wonderful , friendly & helpful. My students and I were very comfortable. Thanks again to GREG & ANGELA

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Perfect for Gatwick (both terminals). Clean and comfortable family room. Plenty of parking.
Great value breakfast where children ate for free. Felt very relaxed, ready to start our holiday. Easy access from M25. Excellent price!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport South (London Road) Hotel

Been to Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central? Share your experiences!