“Another warm welcome.....”

Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 14 December 2012

We have used the corner house a few times now when our flights have been at 'silly o'oclock'. Always get a warm welcome and are made to feel like part of the family. The rooms are comfortable and spotless and the food is wholesome and good value. We have even picked up our car in the dead of night without any problem, knowing it has been well looked after on site. We will definitely be staying with them again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John C

Reviewed 14 December 2012

We had another great stay at The Corner House, before heading off from Gatwick Airport - apart from the warm reception you receive from all the staff and the quality of the rooms, you have the added benefit of being able to leave your car at the hotel and make use of the transfer bus - and all at very reasonable prices. We would wholeheartedly recommend staying here and will be back ourselves in the near future I'm sure.

Tim O

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim O
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Decided to stay near the airport have stayed in this hotel before,so i allready knew what it was like , i travell quite a bit and do like to stay in a decent place the night before . i arrived in time for a evening meal it was nice good value . could put loads of reasons i stay in this place but would just go on and on about it . Just to say allways a good place to stay great value for money clean and they have there own bar thats nice to relax in .
Recomend this one !

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo s
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Travelling from Gatwick on an early flight I decided to stay locally - so opted for this hotel which provided the all important transfer to the terminal and upon looking at the reviews has a good reputation.

The hotel has everything we needed - namely a bar with some good humoured banter with the staff - our room was clean and overall I would say everything was very acceptable - hence the good rating - the place certainly is in good condition and we found the staff to be helpful and actually very courteous - they certainly made sure we were comfortable and made it to the terminal.

I don't normally write reviews so I hope this does not ramble - just a quick synopsis of my time spend at this hotel.

Room Tip: Been here twice - differnent rooms - both AOK
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Neil S
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Wanted to stay near the airport the night before my flight and found this Hotel that offered car parking at a really good rate .Did not know what to expect when i booked it ! Looked on the web and it looked ok . When me and my wife arrived i was really suprised what a great Hotel this is and for value for money was relly good .The room was nice it was clean and had everything we needed for a comfortable night . Great ensuite nice shower and a good sleep. i ordered the full English breakfast for the morning . Was plesantly suprised the food was great (usally i find the hotel brekfast to be poor) but it was really good (even the toast was hot !!! ) They arranged my transfer to the airport and made the start of my holiday a real treat ! Also great bar !!! enjoyed that lots lol pleasant bar man (I belive his name was Chris funny guy and made us feel welcome ) So would i use this hotel again .? Yep in a heart beat infact i have allready booked a room as i am going to fly from Gatwick in two months time ......All in all really good experiance !!!! Well done you guys enjoyed it ! :0)

Room Tip: Found my room great !
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike G
Reviewed 25 November 2012

2nd and last stay here! Picked up quickly from the airport at 11pm by a lady who very obviously didn't want to be their! ..arms folded, cold as she didn't have a coat... watching my children struggle to get their suitcases in the bus! Didn't even close the bus door after us and then made us feel bad as my young daughter didn't have the strength to close it from the inside! Drove like a maniac! No talking even tho we tried!
No one smiled at us. no one even tried to be nice. .. its just a job and unfortunately this will probably be their down fall as there are many other places to stay with much better service from people who actually enjoy their work!
If you even read this reveiw. ..... a smile and a chat goes a long way! Get staff who actually enjoy their job! Take note of your bad reviews on here there is. Something to learn!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank mizzrm
chrissmith92, Owner at Gatwick Corner House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2013

Dear guest
I am so sorry you did not receive the welcome you would have like or we would normally extend to our guests.

I realise there is no excuse for rudness, however I can assure you this is not how I would want any of our guests to be treated. I will look into the matter and speak with all of the staff members to ensure this does not happen again.

Please accept my and the rest of the staff's sincere apologies.

Kind regards

Maria

Reviewed 17 November 2012

I'm perplexed at the previous reviews, as this is the worst hotel I have stayed in; not because of the cleanliness or comfort of the hotel, which in itself was not great, but because of the service. I have never in my life been treated so rudely, by such miserable people. It's quite worrying to know that as a hotel near the airport, this is the kind of first impression that people will get when arriving in England. Upon arriving late at night with suitcases, we were not greeted, only stared at by staff. After being stood at the reception desk for 5 minutes, a gentleman (who I initially thought was a customer) who was sat down and who had noticed us walk in with suitcases, finally walked over to us after I rang the bell and said 'are you here to stay?'. After we checked in, he took us to the front door of the hotel, and gave us directions to an outhouse 200 yards down the main road, which is where our room was. It was about 11pm and was raining. Not one person smiled at us, and when I asked if I could print something off a computer in the morning, you would think I had asked for a thousand pounds. Absolutely deplorable.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Andy J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel

Been to Gatwick Corner House Hotel? Share your experiences!