“3 days comfortable stay”

Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I have been staying at the Gatwick Corner House for about 10 years. My husband and I live in Cumbria and stay at the Hotel when visiting family in Horley. Over New Year on two occasions, we have been left with the hotel keys whilst the staff have the day off. We are left a continental breakfast each New Years Day and this is more than adequate. When we got married we stayed here, as did some of our family and friends.
My daughter, her husband and 4 children have also stayed here a few times, and they are more than accommodating.
The staff are pleasant and after such a long time, they know us well.

Room Tip: There are many good rooms. The rooms within the main house are spacious and noise free. The annexe...

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We stayed here overnight before a very early flight and it was absolutely ideal. We were greeted by very friendly staff and shown to our room which happened to be in the new annex. As soon as we walked in, we began to relax as the room was extremely spacious. The bed was large and comfy and the ensuite was well equipped. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and drinks in the hotel bar, both were exactly what we needed. The hotel very kindly provide a shuttle service to and from the airport which is extremely handy and to top it all off they do a great job of looking after your car while you're away. We highly recommend the Corner House and will be returning again for our next holiday.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Zoe G
Reviewed 26 August 2014

There are three reasons you’d stay here (or any of the many B&Bs on the same street) – proximity to Gatwick airport, cheaper parking than on-site and efficient transfers provided or organised by the hosts. On that basis I will limit my comments to the things you may need to know in order to help differentiate this from the others and the things I wished that I’d known in advance.

It’s very close to the south terminal, very easy to find. The parking is very cheap. Your car may be moved to another site, so if you have a problem with this you may need to look elsewhere. A lot of the drop-off car parks also move your car so this may not be such an issue. I didn’t have the breakfast so I can’t comment on that, my room on the front of the hotel was large enough for what I needed but I could’ve done without the noise from the street. The road outside is clearly busy at all times. The bed in the room was way too soft and sagging for my weight so, coupled with the noise and my need to be up early, it was far from the best sleep I’ve ever had.

The transfers were quick and efficient, faultless. I was leaving before 6am but the taxi they’d organised was there early and as cheap as promised. I suppose my key complaints were in comfort and cleanliness, the toilet was far from clean and I have to wonder if someone had only recently vacated the room (perhaps requesting a change of room) after leaving me a ‘present’. It seemed unlikely that any cleaner would have left it in such a state. I was probably in the room for about eight hours, I wouldn’t have wanted to be there much longer. Essentially it does what you need – provides cheap residence and parking close to a major airport, if you need or expect more you will want to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms in the extension as they'll be newer and less noisy.
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We found the hotel staff extremely welcoming. They had the only website I could find that allowed you to add an extra room at the end of your holiday (when with parking) on the same booking. They were very prompt to collect you on arrival and the rooms were immaculately clean.
We'll definitely be staying there again when traveling from Gatwick!

2  Thank Karen P
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 Nights for a family wedding.
My wife is on oxygen 24/7 and the staff were so helpful. We had a ground floor room that was freshly decorated, so clean, although a bit snug, but with TV d tea and coffee makings. The food was great, basic grills, but well presented and very tasty. Breakfast was also very good.
The parking wasn't a problem, even when we were very late back from the wedding.
To sum up, clean, basic but with great staff, and good food. What more to you want.
We will stay again when we visit family in the area.

Room Tip: Room 11 ground floor, very good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Nice and comfy hotel driven by a family. Really nice room and a good serving and cooking. Theres a fine bar inthe evening. Small hotel, but quality hotel and there a good possibillities to eat in the near surrounding in etnic restaurants

Room Tip: Order in advance
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank stig0275
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We have parked and stayed at Corner House for the past 3 or 4 years and have always been happy with the service provided. The staff are friendly, rooms nice and comfortable, food good, transfers to Gatwick efficient and prompt to suit your times and return back from the airport has always been quick with no lengthy waits after phoning to say you are ready for collection. We have found the stay and park service more relaxing than travelling to the airport on the day not knowing what the traffic situation might be, particularly having to use the M25, so our holiday starts in a more relaxed way. On all accounts, I am happy to recommend Corner House.
J Cook

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Airport Inn Gatwick
1 mi away
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (A23 Airport Way) Hotel

Been to Gatwick Corner House Hotel? Share your experiences!