“Could do better”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Bedford
“Could do better”
Reviewed 8 December 2010

Stayed one night here before early flight from Gatwick, had dinner which was lovely but I was disappointed with breakfast. As up early we were able to help ourselves to rolls, fruit etc but no toaster available for guests to use. Room ok but en suite was tiny and I think anyone on the large side would have a bit of struggle to get in and out of it. All nice and clean but I would choose somewhere else next time. Also staff work between bar and reception so always a queue at the bar until you are spotted.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank belmac

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
luton
Reviewed 7 December 2010

perfect all round stay; good service at bar, good transport early morning to airport.Room has all facilities and very very clean!! Would use again!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank winniebLuton
Warwickshire
Reviewed 17 November 2010

My wife and I stayed here overnight in November. The check in process was good, with friendly staff. The bedroom was of a good size and well appointed. The road noise was intrusive into the early hours. The bar area was nice but poorly stocked. Breakfast was very good. We used the car parking facility for one week, which was well priced. I was very upset when we got back to the car to find it parked in such a way that I had to tread on wet grass to clear the windows and screen, and as I moved around the vehicle it became obvious that it had been moved/parked under a fern tree for the duration. It was plastered in bits that took around ten minutes to clean off. Not a nice welcome back.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KP999_9
Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 September 2010

With an arduous 12 hour return journey from holiday and an 11.00pm landing, we wanted a hassle-free bit of comfort before a long drive home. We booked this hotel because it had a free courtesy bus until 12midnight. The flight was 20 mins late but I phoned the hotel at 11.50pm to confirm we had one bag and just waiting a second (which arrived as I finished the call). A very negative staff member told me it was unlikely we would be free by 12 and that their bus was already at North Terminal (we were at South) collecting clients. We literally ran with our bags to the courtesy bus stop and I called again just before 12 to be curtly told we were too late, the bus had returned to the hotel (knowing we were at the airport) and would not turn out again. We then had the hassle of finding a taxi, but still arrived at the hotel at 8 minutes past 12, and had to pay £9 fare. On top of that we got a twin room having booked double, the room was very, very 'tired' with stained carpet and duvet covers, smelt musty and the milk was curdled. At reception I explained about the double/twin and got not response!! No questions around 'had we enjoyed our stay etc'. Customer service - NIL.

Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ShonaGarry
Strasburg
Reviewed 1 July 2010

It was almost midnight when I called from Gatwick airport and they came out and picked us up. Transport to and from the airport was great. The staff was friendly and breakfast was great. The room itself was very clean but was very warm so we opened the window and our room soon became very noisy from the road noise so it was tough to sleep without ear plugs. In the road facing room it would have been nice to have air conditioning. Also would have been nice to have an alarm clock and blow dryer in the room especially for the price paid.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Martin_carr
wales
Reviewed 21 June 2010

Booked a double room for my pregnant wife and myself as we were fliying early in morning. Arrived at hotel about 11.30pm to be put up in an Annexe across the road. The room was tiny, old and shabby with stains all over the carpet and had 2 single beds. I am a contractor and have stayed in far better places which is not what you expect or pay for when you book a place like this If it wasnt so late we would not have stayed there. Upon returning at 1.30am to collect our car we found the place all shut up and had to ring the bell. After several attempts at ringing the bell the door was opened electronically where we were kept waiting again. We then had to keep pressing an intercom to speak to a really unhelpful and rude lady where we were given a code to a safe for our keys. It took us about 30 mins to get our keys which was the last thing we needed with a 3 hour journey in front of us. We will never use this hotel again

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lynfaWales
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2010

To me, owners, managers, and customer service staff make all the difference in the world, and these owners are absolutely amazing people. I got stuck in Gatwick during that horrendous winter storm that shut down all the airports after Christmas. After five days of being stuck in airports, they took such pity on me that amidst their overbooked rooms, they actually took me in to their personal home (this is not common practice, so please don't ask), but it is a telling sign of how truly kind they are.

I give my utmost endorsement to the Corner House Hotel, and I hope you'll enjoy their hospitality during your next stayover in Gatwick!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank jlwidner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport

Been to Gatwick Corner House Hotel? Share your experiences!