“Pleasantly surprised "No Frills" not fantastic but good value meals ..............!!”
Review of Air Balloon

Air Balloon
Ranked #89 of 119 Restaurants in Horley
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Went with a few friends for dinner as one of them had been there before and said that it was good value and food was good. Been past the place for many years and have seen the adds on the billboards but never plucked up enough courage to go in and try the food looking at the prices !!!
I must say I was pleasantly surprised with the portions, quality and the prep of the dishes. I have to be honest and say don't expect too much if you're used to fine dining but you have to be fair and compare the prices too. For the prices they charge I must honestly say it's value for money especially if you have a limited budget. My only negative complaint about one of the dishes we ordered is that the wings on the combo platter was almost cremated - apart from that the rest of the order was very nice including surprisingly the rump steak !!!Don't expect fantastic service as you're only paying for the food and it's OK and good value. The staff were very pleasant, polite and helpful but inexperienced and lacked training hence the "Average" rating from me.
I was fuming when the table behind ours demanded a refund as they complained that there was no cutlery on their table when they arrived. I overheard the people on that table saying when the manager left that the food was very pleasant but they didn't get "all" the service they expected. I was biting my tongue and very tempted to put my "two bits" in as it was quite obvious this guy that complained had a"champagne mouth and beer pockets" and just trying to get a "freebie". They were a party of six or seven and ate everythiing on their plates including sweets. The manager was tooooo nice - I would have told him to go to the Claridges or Savoy if he expected that type of service and be prepared to pay twenty times more than £10 for 2.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The air balloon is ok if you're with lots of kids. It's very noises and there are usually kids running everywhere due to the attached soft play.

1  Thank Bmatbev
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Good meal deals for two. Good food for the value.

We have been there quite a few times. It has been good and nice food. One time it was busy Saturday and they forgot about our meals. We waited for our food for about 50 minutes. They offered free drinks to compensate.

Overall it is good pub for a meal and few drinks. Recommended.

1  Thank esidrs
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We always enjoy coming here either just for drinks or for dinner, always enjoyable plenty of seating Inside and out, play area for the children inside and out, look out for ruby she is lovely

1  Thank Tracy J
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Only one staff at the bar taking orders so we had to wait a while before ordering our meal and even though it was not busy in the restaurant our food did not arrive until 40 minutes after we ordered.