“Poor Hotel, its price in this location is a giveaway.”

Gatwick White House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 7 July 2012

Oh dear, what a sorry mess this hotel is. Run down, shabby decoration, lousy bedding, pubby smell in the bedroom area.... I would not return. Do yourself a favour, pay more and get a good nights sleep somewhere else..... I feel sorry for the occupants in the dirty fish tank downstairs.... they can't go anywhere, whist we could escape the following morning....

Room Tip: There are no good tips
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank candymanPeterborough

Reviewed 1 July 2012

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES STAY HERE. We were booked into this hotel whilst working nights locally. . We were asked at what time we woud be returning in the morning. . We found out why when we returned earlier than expected. When we asked for our key we were refused and asked to take breakfast first. Having been at work all night we said no that we needed to shower first.
On going up to our room we found that our belongings had been placed in an unsecured cupboard overnight and the room re-let whie we were out working. The cleaners were making up the room ready for our return later that morning... Yhey appear to have taken money twice for the same room. I wonder if this is common practice with this hotel as the staff refused to call the manager. NOT SURE ON THE LEGALLITY OF THIS BUT REST ASSURED WE MEAN TO FIND OUT.
THE ROOMS WERE NOT UP TO STANDARD AND THE WHOLE HOTEL SMELLED ACUTELY OF COOKING. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul E
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Me and 2 others are working away and we got booked into this "hotel" and we got asked all sorts about what time we will be arriving back in the morning as we work nights, so we said half past 9 but after arriving back earlier them expected we were refused the key to are room only to find are clothes and bags in a luggage room and then a cleaner comes past and enters the room so I follow and see the beds had been slept in while we were at work do not stay not a very nice place at all needs shutting down if you ask me

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Edgep001
Reviewed 26 June 2012

We needed a hotel on a return from Tunisia as we were arriving too late for onward travel.

The hotel itself was ok.
We arrived at 01:00hrs and were checked in pretty quickly and asked what time we wanted breakfast and what time did we want a transfer to the airport again (for train home) in the morning.

We were shown to our room down some narrow corridors.

The room itself was quite small, with a tiny en suite - however the room itself was clean, warm and the bed was comfy, if not a tad too soft.

The decor was a bit "old", that is to say perhaps a lick of paint around the place wouldn't have gone amiss.

Breakfast the next morning was a choice of cooked english or cereal or both! The English was lovely...there was no bacon left and the young girl came out asked if we wanted bacon and within minutes freshly cooked bacon :-)
Like the room the dining area could have done with a bit of a makeover.

At 10:00hrs on the nose the transfer arrived to the airport and we were taken there with no hassles whatsover.

For price to stay ratio I'd say the Hotel offers pretty good value for money although this is tempered by the Hotel could really do with a makeover. It was clean, it was cheap and it was just somewhere to crash after a late flight.

If it's top quality you're after then stay at the Edwardian Radisson chain but if it's basic requirements for a one night stop over at a good price then you should at least consider this hotel.

Next time we might look around at other hotels but we would still stay here again.

1  Thank Ollossm
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I don't know, maybe I'm blind, but I didn't think this was anything as bad as the other reviewers have said. We arrived late at the airport, telephoned the hotel and a car was sent straight away to pick us up. A friendly young man arrived to pick us up, put our cases in the car and drove us very safely to the hotel. When we arrived, the same chap booked us in and was really helpful in advising on the correct time to get the car back to the train station in order to get our train in plenty of time. The room was fine, with tea and coffee, sink, loo and shower, plus a flat screen TV. It really was clean. OK, the ceiling had a slight water stain in one corner, but ignored it. The towels were very white and fluffy and there was no smell. After the flight we'd had, we decided to have a glass of wine in the bar. It was very relaxing and the hotel staff involved us in their conversation. I can honestly say this was the best night's sleep I'd had in ages - so much so that I checked the matress for the make of the bed before I left! (and the matress was very clean). We didn't have breakfast, but our trip back to the airport for the train in the morning was equally nice. In summary, I wouldn't stay here for a holiday, but as an affordable airport stopover, we would certainly come here again. Thanks to all!

2  Thank Janna N
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Please pay a bit more, you will seriously regret staying here. The place needs gutting.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank titchSomerset
Reviewed 13 June 2012

If I could give a negative rating I would!
This is the worst hotel experience in my entire life!!! Everything was bad, sorry, one thing was not - leaving this terrible place.
Our room was so bad that I immediately wanted to get out of this place. The only reason I did not is because it was past mid night when we arrived. I was almost forcing myself to lay down on that bed. The room smell like an ashtray, wallpaper was pilling from the walls, tile in the bathroom was all cracked, ceiling had a fire damage, etc. I and my spouse had to sleep in our clothes, it was so uncomfortable to get into that bed!
The breakfast was horrible. The whole hotel was just a bunch of some chaotic rooms with unmatched pieced of furniture. It seriously felt like everything was brought from the junk yard.
The worst experience! Please stay away from this place!!!!!

Room Tip: Please stay away from this hotel!
4  Thank Jemma S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Airport Inn Gatwick
Gainsborough Lodge
#9 of 11 in Horley
Gatwick Cambridge Hotel
Da Vinci Manor Guest House

Been to Gatwick White House Hotel? Share your experiences!