“A well priced Hotel within easy reach of Gatwick airport and trains to London”

Gatwick White House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Saltash, United Kingdom
“A well priced Hotel within easy reach of Gatwick airport and trains to London”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

A handy hotel a taxi ride away from Gatwick airport, it has car parking which you have to pay for I was lucky enough to find a free parking space in a road nearby. The man at reception was very helpful as I did not arrive until late; the room was a single one and was roomy with a shower toilet room and a sink in the bedroom. Tea and coffee was in ample supply, and there was a flat screen TV with free view channels. Bed was comfortable, but would have been better with a duvet. Breakfast was a tasty full English with cereal, tea and coffee on self service and eggs and beacon cooked fresh and served to the table, for the price and location it is a useful stop over point and even handy for visits to London via the Gatwick express train. Also a plus point was it was quiet, and I had a good night’s sleep will use this hotel again when visiting London.

Room Tip: As I only had a single room cannot say for doubles, but my room was in the back of the hotel and qui...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank wrighton53

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ok read the other reviews at kittilia airport and then very worried. Actually flight very late getting in. Rang 11.30 and they picked us up in 10 minutes. Ok guy on desk not very chatty but not rude either. Hotel looked fine. We were offered a choice of room. Beds clean!! And bathroom!! Ok it wasn't the Ritz but what do you expect? Slept well. Accommodated our request to change transport time the next morning without any problem. I've stayed in much worse places and for the price it was fine. Didn't hv breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susanna E
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Horley is a convenient lay-over for Gatwick and London, but don't stay here.

Checked in at 6pm to drop off luggage, and left for dinner. They ask that you leave the key at reception. I placed the key on the counter and the manager acknowledged this. Upon my return the key was on the counter where I left it with no staff present. Very poor.

Returned to room (no.16). Very noisy due to fault with window. The manager agreed (begrudgingly) to change rooms, having accused me of using the bed (I'd been out for dinner for an hour).

The new room (No.34) was horrible too. I switched on the light above the bed, which started to flicker. I turn off the light and check bulb, and the lighting fixture falls off the wall exposing wires.

I pack my bags, go to reception and ask for a refund. Without a word or eye contact they refund the full amount. They are obvious well versed in refunding customers.

Do not stay at this hotel. I now only stay at Lawn Guest House.

Room Tip: Find another hotel. Anywhere.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jenkins79
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here before when flying from Gatwick and it was a place to rest your head fine, but the attitude from the staff was awful, and you did not feel welcome at all. I thought i would book again for the convenience and hoped that changes had being made over the past 6 years. Unfortunately not. I am flying from Gatwick at the end of January and via booking.com i placed a booking for this seemingly good value hotel 'with breakfast included' though no times displayed on website. I paid for an upgraded breakfast continental to full English. I phoned the hotel today and the manager Mr Hashish Patel (i believe he said) answered, and i asked him for the timings of breakfast, he said continental from around 5am and full english from 7am, the upgrade would have being no good. So asked about reverting to the original booking instead of the upgrade as their is no point in paying for something we would get no use of, regardless how much the difference in cost was, due to our flight being at 7.20am. He then went on to claim that their was no way the price we paid included breakfast and that he had visited the website i so claimed i had being on and that it did not display breakfast included. Making me out to be a liar. So The ever so courteous Mr Patel received an email copy of my bookings confirming what i had said, and not what he was assuming. In a follow up phone call, I asked if he felt that as an appropriate way to speak to guests, not even having met them, he said no and that he was sorry. too little too late if you ask me, considering we received a very similar attitude from this hotel's staff on a previous occasion, and their has been over 6 years for them to improve and it appears as though nothing has changed. I have cancelled and gone to the Corner house just down the round, and even closer to Gatwick, minus the attitude. And just as cheap. Maybe a place to rest your head, but not without the stress, i recommend you look elsewhere. As to be honest in side is very, very basic, include the attitude from staff, and you have a very depressing start to your Holiday.....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike C
Luton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

This is the worst place I have ever been and we aren't particularly fussy.

There was mould everywhere! The bathroom was dirty and old.

It was freezing and when we asked at reception they said they only have the heating on every two hours.

The bed was dirty and it looked as though they had turned the bed round as their was mascara on the bottom on the bed and hairs. The pillows were old and too dirty to put my head on.

There were cooking apples in the draw!

The tv didn't work.

The reception staff hygiene was questionable.

There was dead fish in the fish tank and it could do with a clean out.

This hotel is supposed to have 2 star AA rating but I think they news to look again at this place!

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank Candice N
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

Worst hotel we have ever stayed at and we have traveled the world. Shocked at the black mold on the ceiling, dirty bed cover, broken TV, rubbish in the room draws, cold room and bed bugs.

Avoid this hotel you have been advised.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Peter L
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013

An overnight stay. Too late for dinner but the place stank of curry anyway.
Whole place drab and cheerless. Scruffy unshaven "receptionist" doubled as minibus driver - hence slow to pick up on a cold, wet night.
Room cramped - full of unwanted beds - could not get round without barking my shins.
Window (ground floor) could not be secured. Curtains too thin for proper black-out. Over-mirror light bulb missing. Paltry provision of tea/coffee (including an empty tea bag!) and no biscuits.
Shockingly bad breakfast. "Full English" nothing of the sort; measly standard fare, plated and plonked down beside me whilst I was still half-way through my cereal. Dining room ran out of juice and milk; cook/waitress could not understand English!
SUMMARY -- it's at the cheap end, but it's also pretty nasty. Don't go there"

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank HarryH0312
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
BLOC Hotel Gatwick Airport

Been to Gatwick White House Hotel? Share your experiences!