“Rounded up to 4 stars because it is better than average”

Gatwick White House Hotel
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Emsworth, United Kingdom
“Rounded up to 4 stars because it is better than average”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed here three times all together. I have never felt it was dirty but I'm a man...Because of the bad reviews on TA I was more on the lookout this time. I found no hygene problems at all in the admittedly dated hotel. The shower room seemed spotless to me. The transfer to the airport was bang on time as usual despite it being 0330 in the morning. My only gripe really is that the bus is always slow picking you up - it was a half hour this time. It does have to service two hotels and it could do with a visit to the body shop and valet. Apart from that, very good value all round package and will use again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Barnstaple, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel in March 2014.

The hotel offers free transport to and from the airport which saves a few pounds compared to some of their competitors. Something that's worth considering if you are looking for a place to stay near Gatwick airport.

Despite my arrival being after the cut off point for dinner, the staff were brilliant in offering me a bacon sandwich and chips. After a long journey the effort was most appreciated.

The room was perfectly efficient and clean. Tea and coffee facilities were available and the ensuite shower worked as it should. The bed was also comfortable. The heating however was a little too hot for me so I did have to keep the window open, but not a major issue.

Breakfast was provided in the room rate and featured a full English (bacon, egg, sausage, beans and toast) and also available was fruit and cereals as well as tea and coffee.

I was a little sceptical prior to my visit based on some of the other reviews posted here, but based on my experience I would certainly consider staying here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We stayed there in January between two flights. The place is just dirty and uncomfortable. It was not possible to close window properly in our room. It was also freezing in the room because there was no heating turned on. I would advise to pay some extra 5-10 pounds and stay in another hotel in Horley.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Licka K
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Me and my partner booked this hotel for the night before we departed for a week in the sun. When we arrived the hotel did look a little dated, the the 2 gents who booked us in made our little stay fantastic. The staff were so attentive, made us laugh and cooked one of the best curries we have ever had, and even at 5am when they transferd us to the airport were still happy and bubbly. Fantastic! Only damper, the fish tank looked a little green!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Obviously I cannot vouch for all rooms but I am a long haul van driver, arrived here about 1230 am and had booked the hour before on route. The bad reviews I read we're recent but I took a gamble. Either the previous reviewers got put in slums or they expected the hilton! £51 for a twin large room (29) which was clean tidy, quite modern and for those flying, 5 minutes from the airport. I stay all over the country in hotels and I am happy to give this 5 out of 5, my big van was not a problem to park either And what ever wage the night porter is on needs to be increased, ( long haired older chap ). He has got to be the most helpful NP I have ever come across, he made it the 5 out of 5, cheers to that man, I will happily use this again if I am near Gatwick ( 5 minutes drive away and not loud at all )
If there was one thing I would point out on, get some slightly softer mattresses, but hey, that's a personal preference I guess. Cheers folks, I look forward to coming back again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Care H
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

A handy hotel a taxi ride away from Gatwick airport, it has car parking which you have to pay for I was lucky enough to find a free parking space in a road nearby. The man at reception was very helpful as I did not arrive until late; the room was a single one and was roomy with a shower toilet room and a sink in the bedroom. Tea and coffee was in ample supply, and there was a flat screen TV with free view channels. Bed was comfortable, but would have been better with a duvet. Breakfast was a tasty full English with cereal, tea and coffee on self service and eggs and beacon cooked fresh and served to the table, for the price and location it is a useful stop over point and even handy for visits to London via the Gatwick express train. Also a plus point was it was quiet, and I had a good night’s sleep will use this hotel again when visiting London.

Room Tip: As I only had a single room cannot say for doubles, but my room was in the back of the hotel and qui...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank wrighton53
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Ok read the other reviews at kittilia airport and then very worried. Actually flight very late getting in. Rang 11.30 and they picked us up in 10 minutes. Ok guy on desk not very chatty but not rude either. Hotel looked fine. We were offered a choice of room. Beds clean!! And bathroom!! Ok it wasn't the Ritz but what do you expect? Slept well. Accommodated our request to change transport time the next morning without any problem. I've stayed in much worse places and for the price it was fine. Didn't hv breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Susanna E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel
Gainsborough Lodge
Gainsborough Lodge
#9 of 11 in Horley

Been to Gatwick White House Hotel? Share your experiences!