“Brilliant instruction.”

Rome
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Brilliant instruction.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have been riding with Jane for many years, when I started there I was a real novice and over the years I have improved only because of her brilliant teaching methods.. Would recommend her to anyone wanting to learn the correct way of riding and care of horses.

3 Thank Richard B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fantastic yard! Amazing horses and tuition!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have been at Fernhill for nearly 10 years. I started out as a complete novice rider that had never even sat on a horse before and every year since then I have seen my riding greatly improve. I now have good knowledge about horses and their training, however there is still much to learn!

The horses are very well cared for and the standard of their schooling is exceptional so you can really focus on yourself. Also there is a good variety of horses for different riders, ranging from those that are suited to the beginner to those that are for the more advanced riders so there is always room to progress with your riding. The lessons are private and last for half an hour. Furthermore, the yard has a real community feel, as everyone knows each other and everyone is very friendly. The staff are very welcoming and are always willing to help. I have also kept my horse at Fernhill before I went to university and at the time I always knew that he was well cared for and safe but most importantly happy. I would in future always keep my horses at Jane's.

Jane Edwards (BHSII) is a fantastic instructor and her expertise on horses is second to none. She helps you create a strong partnership with your horse through the methods of classical dressage rather than the typical 'kick and pull'. Her training methods can help you take you and your horse to the next level and beyond. She has a real feel and understanding for horses and riders, which is a rare quality in instructors today. I would fully recommend Fernhill for any rider, whether you are a complete beginner or whether you have your own horse and want to improve. I could never imagine going anywhere else to ride therefore I will be at Fernhill for many years to come.

5 Thank kldip22
Horley, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“An outstanding riding instructor”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Jane Edwards BHS II is a truly outstanding riding instructor for anyone who is interested in improving their riding. Her extensive knowledge of the relationship which is neccessary between horse and rider in order to achieve success in any equestrian discipline is second to none.

Fernhill Riding is a small private yard where each horse has been well schooled to a very high standard - every horse is ridden in a simple snaffle bridle and dressage saddle.There is a covered and lit all weather school with a well maintained non - slip working surface. If you are a complete beginner or serious about improving your standard of riding, then look no further as this would be the place to go to. Jane's lessons are on a one to one basis, generally for half an hour.

If you own a horse and would welcome advice then look no further as Jane would be able to improve both you and your horse to achieve a better understanding together. Although I have only been having lessons from Jane for the past year, I can safely say that I have learnt more in a year than I did at a previous yard in six . There is still so much more to learn, this has been a year of complete change of previously " learnt behaviour " ( not good unfortunately !! ) but Jane is endlessly patient and nobody is ever too old to learn - shortly I will be 75 years old.

2 Thank Sheila S