“first class food and service”
Review of Da Peppino - CLOSED

Da Peppino
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Hard to find better food and service in Italy .So happy to have this in Horley any time but music night!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We booked a table for our sons birthday and had a wonderful time. The service was second to none. We arrived and were greeted warmly with a glass of sparkling Rose wine and the evening just flowed from then on we were left not wanting for anything. This is not the first time we have eaten here as we live locally and will definitely not be the last.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

I have been meaning to write a review since last year!
The Da Peppino experience for me is always a delight. I enjoy the food, it is always cooked perfectly, steaks that melt in your mouth, tender chicken, moist fish etc. ( I have tried everything except the liver!!). Most dishes are served with roasted potatoes a great change from chips.I couldn't say I have a favourite. Oh and the chocolate mousse yum! We have never had to return anything or had any complaints. Maybe the only complaint is the size of the portions hence a bigger dress size!! The staff are so very welcoming, friendly and attentive.
Choose your time as to the atmosphere you want. I enjoy the quiet of a late afternoon visit, however, I have also been on a Saturday evening in December where it was louder.
As I am writing this, I am already thinking of what I shall eat this afternoon ;-).
Oh and the house wine is very acceptable too!!

1  Thank TreaStacey
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went here for our first date night since twins being born. Yes it was loud, yes the staff were loud.... It's an Italian and it's the way they are... Was great to see a venue packed out but the food still came out quick, got and was amazing. Champagne cocktails to start, then lovely red wine.... The good was amazing, service brilliant and it didn't empty a big hole in my bank... When I my next date night...!!

1  Thank Kirk R
Reviewed 26 March 2014

This restaurant is a delight and an asset to Horley. Venue, quality of furnishing atmosphere and wide choice of food at very reasonable prices are perhaps unusual in the current economic climate.

Staff are welcoming and take the trouble to establish rapport, even when busy, time is devoted to each and every customer.

Midweek it is noticeable that Da Peppino is busy whilst other Horley establishments are noticeable lacking customers and appear unwelcoming to the passer by or visitor.

The restaurant appears to have a good team and is rarely stretched in terms of staff numbers. When full it can be a bit on the noisy side but that is part of the Italian experience!! Again when busy toilet facilities are a bit limited but that is a small price to pay for a very enjoyable evening with quality food served in a timely manner with a smile and price that pleases and ticks all the boxes.

We have visited several times in both small group's and twosomes and have never been disappointed. This new restaurant has set and maintained the bar at a high level.