“Thanks on behalf of my Mother”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Horley
Glenalmond Guest House
Ranked #17 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
Horley, United Kingdom
“Thanks on behalf of my Mother”
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

A quick thank you on behalf of my Mother who stayed at Glenalmond over Christmas. I pass on her vote which I can assure, based on my Mother's exacting standards, is well deserved.

She was made very welcome from start to finish and the cleanliness and comfort of the room as well as the breakfast area and facilities were just what we hoped.

Thanks to Donal and the team. I am sure we will be visiting again in the future

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Alan D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Thank U so much ad a lovely stay with U yet again comfy beds we arrived at 8am with a wonderful greeting and pot of tea so nice after a long journey a wonderful breakfast all in all lovely and very nice people that look after U from penny and June se U again soon I hope

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank penny astell
Greetland, null, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We dislike having to travel to Gatwick for holidays and have used off site hotels and car parks in the past. Our trip to Glenalmond was SO much more pleasurable. We had a lovely walk to a local pub for supper, spent a very comfortable night, had a great breakfast and then had a personal drop off at the airport. Ok, the room wasn't enormous and neither was the shower room but for one night it was big enough. The free wifi was also useful. The pickup on our return was the quickest we have ever left an airport - Thanks Donal. We'll be there again if we can't avoid the long boring trip down the M1!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sara E
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Donal was an exemplary host, the whole package was outstanding as the title says. Why? Simply because of the very generous hospitality, standard of accommodation, fantastic breakfast, parking package, transport to and from airport and the overall extremely good value for money. Having spent hundreds of pounds on previous trips staying and parking at the Sofitel, I really whished that we had considered the B&B option sooner, what a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

For:

Exceptional host who goes above and beyond
Clean functional rooms, with what you would expect (we stayed in the family room)
Excellent Breakfast
Very competitive parking package
Reliable transportation to and from the airport
Good choice of quality restaurants & pubs within five minutes walking distance

Against:

Absolutely nothing the only regret is I wish I had done this option much sooner.

On a personal note Donal, thank you very much for helping me try to get the truck started, a new battery sorted it! Very much hope to visit you again next time we depart through Gatwick. I have no hesitation in recommending Donal & the Glenalmond Guest House to any travellers irrespective of your previous experiences on airport, give them a try!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank gnashie
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 November 2013

These are the nicest most concerned most helpful people that I have met in my life. I was treated better than family. I was fed very well. Donal picked us up from the airport and made sure that we were able to navigate well around in the UK. I slept so well the first day that I didn't even get up until late evening. All my child talks about is how much she loved the bed and breakfast. I stayed a long time, six nights, and enjoyed it so much that I plan to return. The wireless internet is very fast. It's just a very nice place. My mother was treated like a queen. We had an exceptional time. I became addicted to the tea. Delicious.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Stroud, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We stayed for 1 night prior to flying out of Gatwick. Donal was very welcoming and extremely helpful. The room we had was a family room with a double bed and bunks although there was only 2 of us. Room had every thing we needed and was very comfortable, clean and tidy. We had breakfast the next morning before we left, this was of great quality with food cooked to order and plenty of choice. Transfers to and from airport were very efficient with Donal working around our requested times for both drop off and pick up. Highly recommended and we will stay next time we are flying from Gatwick.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
devon
Reviewed 7 October 2013

3 things I want when flying from Gatwick are, cooked breakfast, holiday parking and tranfers to the airport all included. Well Glenalmond has it all. We stayed the night before flying, parked the car for the week, and stayed the night of our return. Donal is a great host, I told him on route by text what our rough arrival time would be, and he was there to meet us. He explained everything very clearly, but also said, please ring if you need absolutely anything. Room was tastefully decorated, with kettle,tea,coffee,hot chocolate,hairdryer etc all present and I'm sure if we had wanted another cup ,he would not have minded us helping ourselves in the kitchen. The inclusive cooked breakfast, was yummy and filling, and you can have such a good laugh with them, He took us to the airport as I was flapping about the time, but it was no more than 5 mins away. The sitting room has just been decorated with the carpet being fitted as we left, it looked gorgeous! Our flight back was at midnight, so he gave us the number of roadrunner taxis, who charged us only £5. They truly are a great team there and nothing is too much trouble. I cannot see how anyone could give a bad review for Glenalmond. When flying from Gatwick, please make this your stay, (unless I'm staying) you wont be disappointed. (Donals jokes can be a bit dodgy mind you) AAAAA++++++

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Airport Inn Gatwick
#6 of 11 in Horley
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,179 reviews
Southbourne Guest House

Been to Glenalmond Guest House? Share your experiences!