Milton at Gatwick
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Horley
See available hotels
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I stayed here last night having made the booking a few weeks ago, before I'd read the review below. I must admit I was a bit worried, but I needn't have been; the taxi ride from the airport was less than 10 minutes (perfect after a long flight) and the welcome from the owner was warm and friendly. They even gave me some tips on which restaurant to eat at in Horley town centre, as there are plenty to choose from.
The room wasn't the biggest I've stayed in but there was plenty of space for two in the twin room, which is nicely decorated and with everything you could want; plenty of hot water, a good shower, a fridge, TV and a kettle. The beds were comfortable and no sign of the damp mentioned by the previous reviewer.
I chose this B&B because it's close to the airport and within walking distance of the train station, so I guess I did expect some noise, but with the double glazed windows closed I didn't hear a thing, and even with the windows open it didn't disturb me. All rooms were occupied when I stayed but I wasn't aware of any noise from the other guests either.
I left early in the morning to get a train up to London, so the continental breakfast was perfect for me as I could have it when I wanted.
For the price I paid this was good value for money - I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Nodgeonthepc
Reviewed 20 May 2012

I don't normally do bad reviews but I do have to honest.
Welcome was friendly but I feel the owners had better things to do than want a chat with you.
A taxi was arranged as promised.
The room was a twin on the ground floor, nicely decorated but VERY small suitable for single occupancy only and dark (despite the bright walls & bed linen). View out of window was a car parked right next to the building. Bed was comfy but a little damp??
Good en-suite with a over bath shower. Lots of hot water, towels etc....
The breakfast was a non-starter for me. Yoghurts that were out of date the day previous, no croissants (as promised) and kiddy cereals. Good to have water in the fridge though. I skipped that and had breakfast at the airport.
The room was quite noisy as the floorboards (above) creaked something awful. You could also hear trains through the night as it is metres away from the trainline.
I normally stay at another B&B in Horley but it was full due to a last minute decision to stay overnight. Needless to say, I will be returning to my favourite in the future.

Room Tip: Ask to be upstairs, I reckon.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank notforturning
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Accidentally found this Guest House due to overbooking online by a reputed website.

Friendly owners , very helpful and obviously conveniently located for an early morning flight from Gawick.

All Horley facilities are within walking distance such as restaurants,nightclubs ,shops and supermarkets.

Railway station is about a ten minute walk away connecting you to London Victoria and Gatwick.
A local Airport pick up service by minibus is available on request (reasonably priced)

Room Tip: Rooms on Top floor are quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2010

I was stranded in Gatwick because of the snow, luckily I managed to get a bed for the night at Milton House. I had a lovely double bed, en-suite, microwave, fridge and TV. The owners live next door and are really friendly and helpful. I even had juice and yoghurt in my fridge and croissants in the morning for breakfast. I payed £45 for the night and it was money well spent. It is around the corner from all the local amenities, boots, waitrose, pubs etc and only 15 minute taxi from Gatwick. They have a specific taxi service they use and it costs only £5-£7 to the airport. They also have free wi-fi providing you've got your laptop with you. Highly reccommended and not overpriced, especially considering the standard and the prices you'd pay in chain hotels.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank danithegirl87
Reviewed 13 May 2007

I have stayed at milton for nearly a year, on a monday to friday basis. The towels are always clean and fresh. Bed linen always clean. The proprioters Mr and Mrs Savage are one of the nicest couples i have meet and always make you welcome. I would have no hesitation in recommending their accommodation.
The daily and weekly rates are very good for a busy competative town like Horley, with being so close to Gatwick airport for either work, business or pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business