“Excellent, very handy for Gatwick and Horley town/trains”

Flexistay Ambers Gatwick Aparthotel
Ranked #12 of 30 Horley B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent, very handy for Gatwick and Horley town/trains”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Very good B&B, close to Gatwick (and the owners will normally be able to collect you from the airport during the daytime).
Good breakfast, clean and very friendly - just the thing for a business trip
Quiet location, 10-15 minutes walk into the centre of Horley for shops, places to eat and the train station - 1 stop to Gatwick and about 45 mins to London. There are a couple of pubs and restaurants even closer if needed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
The Midlands
Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was our 2nd stay at the Ambers for 1 night before our Gatwick flight. We had the family room and again found the room spotlessly clean with ample fluffy towels.
Breakfast was good with a self serve basis and eggs cooked to your taste!
There is a free shuttle to and from the airport during the day and Clive never keeps you waiting.
We also parked the car there for 10 days at a very reasonable rate.
If you are looking for a great value for money stop over then this is the place! and we will most definitely stay again.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Ambers has eveything travellers need. Of course the position is great for Gatwick but it is also easy to walk to the shops, restuarants and station in Horley. The location is quiet which is great if you, like me have to undertake the long haul to Australia. The rooms have wifi, a local guide, heating and cooling, tv and the bed was very comfortable with lovely white sheets. My single room was quite small but it was very well laid out and met my needs. The en suite was also fairly small but clean and modern with a decent shower. Breakfast covered all the bases and the eggs were hot and perfectly cooked, and the coffee was excellent. There is a garden courtyard to sit out in if you so wish. I had some trade food samples that the mangement was happy to store in the fridge for my stay as well as lend me the right adaptor plugs. One day I took a day trip to London - its just 1 train trip and 1 bus ride to Trafalgar Square. Another day I went to Brighton beach which was also an easy train trip. On the way back I had a seriously good roast beef at a pub near Horley station. Clive arranged to drop me off at Gatwick. After I arrived back home in Australia, Clive phoned me to say I had left some dollars and a drivers license in the drawer. He posted the license back to me and transferred the money to my Australian bank account when I had pretty much given up on the items. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank aplace4me
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed for one night at the Ambers before flying early to Spain, leaving my car for 3 nights. Clive was very helpful, arranged my breakfast and a taxi to take me to the airport. He came to fetch me even though I was a couple of hours early for the pick up. I can certainly recommend this B&B and will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
UK
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Recently stayed at the Amber's and took advantage of their airport parking. Meet and greet wanted £108 for 2 weeks parking. We were pleased to find Amber's offered same service for £60 for 2weeks! The triple room we had was clean and modern. The breakfast was excellent!! We couldn't fault the service at all. All in all as good as any hotel if not better!!!

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I have been staying here for the last 4 weeks during the week as I work away most of the time I find this guest house to an excellent standard the rooms are very clean and are maintained on a daily basis the staff are very friendly and it is well worth a stay.

Room Tip: very good standard
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2013

A large group of relatives visited us for a party at the beginning of august. They took a total of 6 rooms at the Ambers of various sizes. We requested that as some people were elderly that they were given ground floor rooms, it was not a problem, everyone was happy. Everybody has asked me to do this review on there behalf all commented to me on the service and value for money and would like to say a big thank you to you and your staff. P.S.Great breakfast.