“Ideal pre flight accommodation”

Gatwick Cambridge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Horley
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I stayed the night before an early morning flight. Check in was quick and easy.
My room was up in the loft but was still very spacious, mind the sloping roof.
Bed was very comfy, bathroom suitable. Was clean and tidy.
Didn't eat there but is a local sainsbury petrol station about 5mins walk down the road.
You book your airport transfer when checking in, this was no problem as wasn't a over popular time. On the morning minibus was waiting and is only 10 mins Max to airport.
Once arrived home was just a quick call to the hotel and the bus was there in 10mins. Reception staff were ready with my keys and so was a quick process to head home. Only thing I found they left my car in gear and hand break off do when started up car I nearly ended up in a bush.
Will use again if needed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Used this hotel for just one night before a flight from Gatwick. The hotel was good value, clean and very comfortable. Nice room and a good size. Good bar and restaurant. The staff were first class nothing to much trouble. We used their parking facility and bus to the Airport. All went very smoothly and we were pick up on our return within 10 minutes. Will use again if we fly from Gatwick.

Room Tip: All rooms looked OK
1  Thank Petbri M
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

We booked hotel via undercover hotels to stay the night before our holiday and to leave the car. The kind of deal you pay before you know where you are staying. This worked brilliant in 2013 as we got the copthorne, so the bar was set.

What a mistake, my wife searched on trip advisor for this hotel and was not looking forward to this stay. As always its only one night you think so its fine, cant be that bad.

The room we were given was the attic, if your over 6ft watch your head!! Very pokey and not really much room to move about.

Windows did not stick out properly to air the room as a scorching day.

On a plus though it was very very clean!

The transfer going to gatwick was good
Return was awful waited an hour after 2 phone calls we eventually got picked up, without working seat belts which in the uk is law, and a rude driver. Wish we had just booked a taxi instead of using this pushed in your face service.

Big issue!!!! My wife is allergic to nuts and i have dietary issues. So as you do you take your own food and drinks to be safe. Only to find out if you are caught with your own hot food or alcoholic drinks you will be fined £50. I never ever stayed anywhere like that its a awful rule almost like being forced to buy their over priced menu.

Also you have to sign a waiver that upon return your car may have a flat tyre or battery!!!!!

Bad experience. Would not recommend. Stay clear stay with a proper branded hotel not this prison.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank callumskyd84
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

The booking and reception staff of this quaint hotel was excellent!
Rooms are quaint dated to say the least but extremely clean.
I can not praise the bar and restaurant team WOW! Excellent services happy friendly eager to please staff a credit to the venue.
Price was extremely reasonable with parking included!
THIS was the issue.... Out car is covered on scratches! And filth !
The car was clearly parked by the hotel in a very undesirable parking space. I'm still disappointed in the lack of care my BMW was given - I'm talking scratches bird footprints on roof bonet and boot!

I will not be parking here again but I would definitely hold a function there!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Blondie79UK
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Flippin` heck! I thought I would meet Rigsby as I climbed the stairs of the hotel - talk about 70s throwback.
When we arrived the smell of stale curry permeated the reception, up the stairs and into my room which was basically furnished with a low ceiling and an alcove for a wardrobe.
There was no stay on one of the windows and the toilet flush was loose and barely worked.
The bedding and towels were clean though as was the rest of the room.
I had to climb 2 sets of winding stairs carrying two 20 kg suitcases to get to my room and no lift or porter was available.
It was close to the airport though and only £93 one night `s stay for two and 8 nights` parking.
Stay if you want to save money but otherwise........

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor as they are converted attic spaces.
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a stay and park deal to fly out from Gatwick airport. The room was very clean and tidy, staff very friendly, helpful and efficient. Dined in and thought the food and service to be very friendly and professional but a little pricy. On site parking and transfer to the airport prompt and efficient for £4 a head return.

Our only problem was with traffic noise, but I do understand some quieter rooms at the back will soon be available.

Would like to hear from anyone who knows a truly quiet retreat for Gatwick.

Room Tip: Horley town centre is walkable, especially after hours in the car.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We had booked another local hotel, but were transferred to the Cambridge due to electrical problems. The staff at reception and in the restuarant were absolutely wonderful. We had a great evening meal, a couple of drinks in the bar and a comfortable night's sleep in a very spacious room. Just a short drive to the airport the following morning. Next time we have a morning flight from LGW this will be our first choice.

1  Thank Stuart - Caroli... S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#8 of 11 in Horley
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Gatwick Corner House Hotel
Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (North Terminal) Hotel

Been to Gatwick Cambridge Hotel? Share your experiences!