Gatwick Cambridge Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$67
Travelocity
US$94
Priceline
  • Room Service
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,444 results
All reviewsearly morning callflying from gatwickmain buildingwithin minsweeks parkingan overnight stayreturn flightan evening mealtea and coffee making facilitiesfull englishstayed for one nightexcellent value for moneygood nights sleepterminal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

this place is awful and i advise you not to stay here EVER. i returned tday to pick my car up which now needs a whole new number due to damage bothe sides, dents and scratches. i was told the manager had popped to the coop i can wait if i wish, i eventually got his number out of one of the parkin men, he told me over the phone he was in london for the day, so I'm glad i didn't wait for him to return from the coop. i have rang holiday extras who i booked this dump with and it is goin to b investigated. when we arrived last week they where jus finessing diner but wouldn't let us eat and couldn't advise us of anywhere, the toilet didn't work.. i will take this as far as i have too, it is not the first time this has happened as i have read review from last week. DISGUSTING PLACE NEEDS SHUTTING DOWN

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna S
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I also booked this hotel through Holiday extra's and was concerned about some of the negative comments I had read.

We arrived quite late, after 9 pm and finding a parking spot was difficult, cars were double parked all over the place. On booking the hotel, I did think the car remained at the hotel until our return but this is not the case, it is removed to a compound somewhere and is returned to the hotel on your return date from holiday.

We had booked a quad family room for four.

The check - in took about 20 mins and they are insistant that you sign a waiver for any damage that occurs to your vehicle whilst on the property. You are also asked to pay £4 a person for the shuttle bus. Our room was on the first floor, no lifts and no help offered to carry our heavy luggage upstairs.

The room was adequate for our needs with one double and two bunk beds. It did overlook the front car park and there was a lot of traffic noise and the coming & going of the shuttle bus during the night.

We booked the shuttle bus for 10 am, it appears to be booked on the hour and half hour.

We has four vouchers for a full english breakfast. We were told where to sit and the breakfast was brought to us, we were not asked what we wanted, it just seemed to be the same for everyone, nothing special, again adequate.

The shuttle bus was on time but I was really concerned about handing over my car keys.

You are dropped at bus stop 8 at Gatwick , which is about a 10 minute walk to the terminal building.

On our return , we walked to bus stop 8 and the mini bus was already there picking up another family, there was room for us and we were driven to the hotel. My car was there waiting for me and thankfully there does not appear to be any damage.

So, our experience was OK but I can understand other negative reviews.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wandenway
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Having stopped at several 'airport' hotels in the Gatwick area I have to say this is one of the best, room was comfortable although not luxurious (it is a budget price hotel after all) and the service from the staff was excellent. The pick up to & from the airport was smooth without too long to wait at the airport on the return leg.
The restaurant offered a good choice of meals but limited on their opening times, we arrived at 3:00 p.m. after an arduous trip on the M25 and would have liked a quick snack but there was no thing available and we were advised tghe restaurant opened at 6:00. We went to a local Harvester so were quite happy but I think the hotel is missing a good earning opportunity from weary travellers not to mention an opportunity to satisfy their customers.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front can be noisy due to proximity to the busy main road, not too bad with the windows shut but it was very warm when we stayed and needed some fresh air in the room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We have stayed at the Cambridge over 7 times, each time, we have found the hotel, food and staff excellent. We are sorry that for this holiday we couldn't stay the night we returned so as to enjoy the breakfast.
Anyway, we traveled up the day before our flight and had an excellent meal in their restaurant.
The room was clean, and all the facilities worked.
Our delivery to the airport at 5am went as planned, tho' we should have left a good hour before, as with the implementation of the new security checks on iPhones etc, it took longer than usual to get through to departures. The last time, we had plenty of time for breakfast, this time, barely enough time to grab a bottle of water and get to our departure gate.

On our return, I telephoned the hotel to say we needed collection, and in no time we were back at the hotel.

I have read the scathing reviews of others on this site and really cannot believe it is the same hotel.
We will certainly use it again for our next holiday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter G
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Comfortable night before flight, triple room clean, breakfast enjoyable. Transfers £4 return pp. on the way we had a taxi. Stay inclusive of 16 nights parking booked via ' holiday extras' cheaper than on airport prices for 16 nights stay! Prompt pick up at gatwick on return. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family