“No complaints”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Horley
London
“No complaints”
Reviewed 7 September 2009

Stayed at Cambridge with my wife and two kids aged 9 & 8. We stayed in a family room virtually next to reception but we didn't hear any noise.

The room itself was very clean and modern and the en-suite was also very clean and modern. We had a TV and facilities to make Tea & Coffee.

The free bus ride to the airport was prompt at 8am we parked in the secure car park and there were no issues with the jeep on our return. We called just before we got to the bus stop and didn't wait long for the bus to collect us.

I usually stay in Long Stay car parks but this is definitely the way forward from now on. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
London
Reviewed 5 September 2009

Good value for money , the hotel and family room were both very clean , parked my car in the secure compound didnt need to leave my keys so all was good . The staff were very helpfull as the 4.30 am bus was full up so they called in another one just for us and the return airport collection arrived 10 mins after we called them. So to sum up we had a family room , helpfull service, secure parking for the week , wake up call (to early for breakfast so cant coment on it) 10 min airport transfer there and back for £99.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Norwich
Reviewed 20 August 2009

We stayed here the night before our flight and although our flight wasnt until 6pm, we were offered a late check out at an extra £10 which meant we didnt have to check out til 2pm. The room was very small but clean. slight issue was they gave us a room on the 3rd floor, and with heavy suitcases not very practical! I have to admit after seeing the 'Secure Carpark' I was slightly worried about leaving my car, as the had jammed in alot of the cars! The receptionist did tell us we didnt have to leave our keys and i could park my car myself, so I felt alot better. And when we arrived back my car was fine. I do recommend taking pictures just to be on the safe side! The staff were a bit odd, not very talkative and the receptionist told us we could walk into the town, luckly we didnt as it was 3miles away! Apart from this the hotel was good value for money, easily found and a great distance from the airport with a very prompt service to and from the airport. I would more than likely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Cardiff
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We stayed one night before early flight. Check in was efficient and we were allocated a good size room - double bed & bunk bed for children. Lovely and clean plenty of towels. Tea coffee facilities but if you are like me and enjoy a biscuit with your coffee forget it. I thought maybe they had forgotton them & when I asked was told quite straight by a Greek older man - No biscuits!! I found it an excellent location very efficient bus to airport and efficient in picking us up but I did find the staff very quite and made no attempt at conversaton, waiting for bus in the morning and when picked us up, they avoided all eye contact! The car was parked on grass outside hotel ,not in a secure area, but it was ok when we picked it up. Good value for money and efficient but no warmth.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Berkshire
Reviewed 3 August 2009

Advertised as secure parking so felt safe in the knowledge car wouldn't be broken into when left there for 15 days after staying the night! We was wrong, the worst part is the hotel wouldn't return our calls or reply to our letters. Customer service is non existent! Wouldn't recommend them at all

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank holidayloverextreme
Buckingham
Reviewed 29 July 2009

We decided to do a park and stay due to a very early flight and we were pleased we chose the Cambridge. We had a triple room which was clean and certainly not cramped. From the arrival at reception, to the driver who picked us up at the end of our trip to take us back to the car we had good, friendly service. The pick up to go back to the hotel was quicker than the ones to the car parks! All this for not much more than just parking in the long stay car parks.... with the bonus of feeling that we were starting our holiday early!

I would agree with another poster that the car park is not exactly 'secure' - but mine was fine. The only other comment I would make is that whilst the food, especially the set menu is well priced - be careful if you order wine - it is a bit pricey.

All in all I would certainly stay again if the need arises.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank vjsue
essex
Reviewed 21 July 2009

Not very good at looking after cars that are kept there do not lock them correctly also
no cctv to check if any one breaks into your car , I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends at all.did not give us a early morning call as asked.the only thing they got right was to take us to the airport and pick us up,

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank a1ninja3
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horley
Holiday Inn London-Gatwick Airport
Airport Inn Gatwick
Airport Inn Gatwick
#7 of 11 in Horley
Travelodge Gatwick Airport Central
Langshott Manor Hotel Gatwick
Sandman Signature London Gatwick Hotel
Gatwick Corner House Hotel

Been to Gatwick Cambridge Hotel? Share your experiences!