“EXCELLENT FOOD & DELIGHTFUL STAFF”
Review of Blue Lake

Blue Lake
Ranked #18 of 120 Restaurants in Horley
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Friends introduced us to this Restaurant.
We always meet up when flying out of Gatwick & had previously used the New China which is now closed.
Chinese is our favourite food and we were delighted with our meal, lovely variety of dishes, served very quickly by delightful staff.
Reasonably priced and even with a taxi fare knocks spots off the Gatwick Oriental..
Looks nothing from the outside - a banquet is within.
We will definitely be back

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We hav visited the blue lake on many occasions most recently this evening to the all you can eat buffet at £17.00 per person . It was lovely..

We have eaten previously here off the al. Carte menu an he foodies always great quality and hot.. The buffet freshly cooked , fast and hot . No complaints regarding food at all top notch.

Service very good although I would have liked my table wiped of crispy duck and crispy seaweed debris after starters .. The decor and general maintenance needs some attention but it is little to complain about really .. It is far outweighed by the quality of the food and value for money..

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Although I've lived in Horley on and off for nearly 6 years, and have walked past the Blue Lake many a time, I've never gone in because I've always been put off by the dour interior. Also, if I'm honest, Chinese food generally just doesn't float my boat in the way that say Indian or Thai does.

Anyway, I finally broke my duck here (if you'll forgive the pun) on a quiet mid-week night recently, having being coerced there by my dinner companion for the evening, and I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. The extent of the menu and the quality and presentation of the food were well above average I thought, especially considering the prices. Service was highly attentive and pro-active (perhaps in part because as I say it was mid-week and relatively late on hence there weren't too many other diners around to need attending to!). If anything, the service was jsut a bit *too* fussy for me....

So if you value food and service above ambience, and interesting, well prepared Chinese dishes, the Blue Lake could be the place for you.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We went to this restaurant on 6th April, the staff are very friendly and welcoming. The food is lovely, we lived in Horley five years ago, and used this restaurant frequently, it is under different ownership now, but the standard of food is just as good. It is one of the best Chinese restaurants around, wish we had the same in Devon!

Reviewed 8 March 2013

While visiting family in horley I visited this restaurant, the staff were so polite and I enjoyed a nice chat throughout my dinner, the food was to die for. I would recommend.going on a Sunday as its quiet.. Will definitely go back over and over again.