“The best B&B I ever went to :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Argyll House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stirling
Argyll House
Ranked #48 of 62 Stirling B&B and Inns
Amsterdam
“The best B&B I ever went to :)”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Joan is such a warm and friendly person that you immediately feel at home. She is just lovely. You can see the effort put into all the things. The sheets are even handmade and gorgeous! And when you come home late on an evening, you might even find a hot water bottle in your bed.
Our room was very comfortable and clean with a nice shower. It’s possible to make tea, coffee and hot chocolate in your room. Breakfast was also excellent. You can choose all kind of things, for example; fresh smoothies, omelette with toasted bread or a real Scottish breakfast with haggis. Every morning we choose a different breakfast and Joan gave us all kind of little Scottish delicacies to try. It was delicious.
Joan was also very helpful with local knowledge and history. Argyll House is easy to find and very conveniently located. City Centre is a 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes by bus (every 10 minutes). Stirling University is only two bus stops away.
If you’re going to visit Stirling and if you’re looking for a B&B… than Argyll House will be the best choice!

Kind regards,
Lisanne from The Netherlands (Holland)

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Firstly you are made very welcome on your arrival, the rooms are beautiful and very clean.

Breakfast is fantastic and great detail is made to bring you the best food Scotland has to offer.

Will gladly visit again !

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AllytheCarer
Hagen
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Have been at Joan´s Argyll House with my girlfriend in June this year for nine nights. It was really a warm and friendly welcome, nice rooms (we had an en-suite room with a lovely view to the garden), spotless clean and comfortable, a range of tea, hot chocolate or coffee to choose from at the hospitality tray in the room, The breakfast was really great. Until now, at every place in Scotland I stayed in the past the breakfast was great. But at the Argyll House it was really outstanding. I believe I tried nearly every combination of the breakfast choices and until know I am not sure what was the best. Next time I am afraid again every morning my choice may possibly be different (sorry, Joan... :-) ). To be serious: Joan is a really great host, you feel safe and welcome at every time and I only can recommend this House to everyone. Especially if you do not travel alone: You can take you partner, friends or children with you without any worries about a disappointment! I hope to come back with my girlfriend and my oldest son in spring 2012!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZwillingsPapaHagen
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I would really suggest this b&b to anyone!! The house was too pretty!

Joan was so hospitable!! The room was clean,a bright room, we had a view on her beautiful garden!

She was a priceless woman she cooked at breakfast sweets only for me!

If you are going in Stirling you have to go there :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

Joan is such a warm and friendly person that you immediately feel at home. My room was very comfortable with an en suite shower room and comfortable bed. I really appreciated the option of a range of herbal teas that i could help myself to and make in my room. Breakfast was excellent. A wide choice but I had to go for the bacon and eggs, sausage and haggis (my Grandmother was Scottish although I have lived overseas for over 30 years!). It was delicous. Joan was so helpful with local knowledge - she guided us to an excellent restaurant in walking distance of Argyll House. We enjoyed it so much that we went back the next night! She helped us with all other sorts of information that we needed (my daughter was starting at Stirling university so we needed supermarkets, homebase etc). Argyll House was easy to find and very conveniently located. As long as I don't have to bring my dog, i won''t bother looking anywhere else when we come to visit my daughter. Argyll House will by my first choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
St Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 September 2011

This was our second stay at Argyll House, would recommend to anyone. Joan is so friendly and makes sure everything is just right. Breakfast is delicious and good choices. Lovely rooms and very comfortable, just like home.. We went for a relaxing 4 day break and it was just perfect.
Would definately go back again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank isabel H
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Me and my girlfriend have been here for one night only while we were in Stirling.
We have found a wonderful room in a cosy house, a kind landlord (joan) and an excellent breakfast!
It has also got a private parking and there is a good view of the Wallace monument.
We will surely come back again in case we'll be once again in Stirling.

• Stayed August 2011