“Surprising”

Filling Station
Ranked #50 of 236 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Filling Station coast to coast American restaurant and bar, has been created by a team of people who genuinely love good quality food, drinks and good times! No doubt you're thinking, well doesn't everybody want that? It's true many people do, but we have genuinely struggled to find somewhere that actually delivers all of these things. So our solution was simple - let's do it ourselves, the result is Filling Station.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

After reading some of the previous reviews I was rather sceptical about visiting this restaurant, however I really enjoyed my experience in this establishment. I ordered the burger sliders where you get three small burgers all of different flavours. The burgers all tasted very nice in a brioche bun but I did feel the bacon in one of my burgers was a little overcooked. The fries were very tasty and not greasy which can be a problem in other restaurants. The coleslaw had just the right amount of dressing on it. Our waitress had a very bubbly personality and was extremely attentive. She made sure our meal was perfect right through the meal. I would have had a dessert but was very full after my meal!!

1  Thank DStarReviews
Lauren B, Marketing Coordinator at Filling Station, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi DStarReviews

Thank you for your review, we are delighted that you gave us a chance and were impressed with your visit! I have passed the comments onto the team, which is a real boost for in our aim to provide great food, service and experience to all of our guest! For menu updates, competitions, freebee’s and even a Birthday treat check out filling-stations.co.uk we look forward to welcoming you into the restaurant again soon! Thanks again for your contribution.

GM - Filling Station, Stirling

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Went to the filling station with a group of friends, we were immediately seated and told who would be serving us by a young friendly blonde girl. Food and drinks arrived promptly and all the staff were really nice and helpful. My friends and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and will soon be returning :)

1  Thank melephant94

Dear melephant94

Thank you for taking the time to review the restaurant. The team and I are absolutely delighted to hear these comments. We are working hard as a team to provide the best quality food and service! For menu updates, competitions, freebee’s and even a Birthday treat why not sign up at filling-stations.co.uk! we look forward to welcoming you into the restaurant again soon!

Thank you!
GM - Filling Station, Stirling

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Worst service ever and the place was empty. Took 20 mins before the waiter started to make our cocktail.....then had to refer to a list to make along island iced tea??? 10 minutes later he still hadn't managed it. I'd hate to see ut when they're busy. Food was ok once we received it however after 1hr 10 mins we left £40 lighter feeling as though we were ripped off.......never again!!!!

Lauren B, Marketing Coordinator at Filling Station, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Hi jydb

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I would like to personally apologise you the experience you had with us. I do encourage all staff to check the specifications for each cocktail to ensure consistency, however this should not result in you waiting an unreasonable time. We have taken your comments on board and have designated some extra training for the bar staff. Please contact stirling@filling-stations.co.uk to discuss further and hopefully build on your comments. Thanks again for your contribution.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The crispy chicken burger was to die for, How they got that taste was out of this world.
Sign to Toilets was missing.

Hi Bri L

Thank you for your positive feedback, we appreciate your time to contribute. Our crispy chicken burger is part of our exciting new menu. For our latest offers, competitions and even a birthday treat please sign up to our newsletter at filling-stations.co.uk. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I dropped in on Monday for lunch. It wasn't busy and the menu looked very promising. Unfortunately, that's all it was! Crab Cakes and Boston Prawns were both pretty tasteless and rely on the Cajun mayo/chilli dip that they come with for some flavour. I doubt there was much crab in the cake, as I couldn't taste it. At £7.95 each, I expected way more. The only garnish was a few rocket leaves, which were wilted and had no dressing on them! We got our mains 40 mins after we ordered and they were also hugely disappointing. Both dishes were lukewarm at best. The pulled pork burger was dry and had the meanest 5p sized slather of mayo. The chips were cold. I had expected my "chilli 5 ways" to come with rice (obv never read the menu right)! It came with undercooked, chewy tortilla chips and side dishes of grated cheese, black beans and sour cream. However, no spoon and it's not easy to pick up sour cream with a fork!!! ;) The grated cheese was glistening, like it had been left sitting under hot lights. I ate some of the chilli, as I was hungry, but the burger was sent back. We declined a replacement, as we'd waited long enough for the first one. The server gave a look of surprise, but there was no real interaction. It was taken off the bill; however, we paid £33 for two soft drinks, two tasteless starters and half a bowl of lukewarm chilli!! Conclusion, could be good if they made much more of an effort, but we won't be back. There are much better restaurants close by.

Dear BaileyBoo73

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I would like to apologise as your experience is not what we strive to achieve as a team, we have taken your comments into action, but we would appreciate it if we could investigate further. Please contact stirling@filling-stations.co.uk and hopefully we can take additional steps to improve and avoid this happening again. Thanks again for your feedback.

Many Thanks