“Positively delightful crowd pleaser”
Review of La Ciociara

La Ciociara
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Stirling
Price range: US$2 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Positively delightful crowd pleaser”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Had a delicious meal here with 6 friends when no other place was open. Best Italian I have had in a long while and I've just moved back from Glasgow.
Will be back for sure to sample more delights.

1 Thank Silky27

Falkirk, United Kingdom
“Good Italian food and service.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went for a late meal 9:15pm and the team at la Ciociara were not phased and served us without rushing us. They are clearly a family business and were polite and friendly. First time but not our last.

1 Thank Big_G_Mac_61
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very happy”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

This is a nice wee restaurant that I've visited quite a few times for lunches and I've always been welcomed with my little son. Their spag bol was lovely and their portions are great. I've always left full when eating there.

They have a changing station in the toilet which helped for my toddler and the staff were helpful and friendly. For prams and wheelchairs, there's access on two levels from the street (it's on a hill) but those able to use stairs, there's more room for dining upstairs.

Oh yeah, and the Italian style hot chocolate is amazing. Must be tried.

Thanks guys... We'll be back.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good food at reasonable prices”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Enjoyed a pizza and a lasagne here on a hot evening in Stirling. The waitress was a Scottish lady of Italian descent who was very pleasant and helpful. We ate outside, until it reached 9 p.m and then, as we wanted another drink, we were politely asked to move inside as local regulations don't permit alcohol outside after this time. We will return here if we are in Stirling again. Shame the local council haven't taken the opportunity to build on the success restaurants are enjoying in Glasgow during the Games by extending al fresco dining and licensing hours for diners.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Janice T
“Don't bring your children”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were looking forward to a lovely Sunday Lunch with our 3 year old but it was a less than nice experience.Although the lunch we had with pizza and pasta was nice, the treatment of us as customers was less than pleasant. First our son played with a bit of curtain string that had been there on the floor for ages. My son was accused of having destroyed the curtain by the male waiter and asked to stop playing with the string. I then gave my son my *own* piece of string to play with after taking away the curtain string as the male waiter requested. But a female waiter informed us that the child could not play with the string either and had to sit on a chair, not apparently understanding how hard it can be for a 3 year old to sit still for long periods of time. The child was not making any noise or disturbing other customers as the restaurant was empty. On this, I decided to pay up and go. I have enjoyed this restaurant for many years, however this time the particular waiting staff who were on duty were rude and not at all child-friendly. I would advise other families with children to stay away because I doubt you will have a good time. Needless to say we will not be returning.

• Visited July 2014