“Ravenswood is a great place to stay”

Ravenswood Guest House
Ranked #4 of 59 Stirling B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stuart, the host makes this B&B the best place to stay.Room and bathroom were a good size, breakfast cooked to order was just right. Stuart catered well for a gluten free diet. Walk into town to the station or to the castle are reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ravenswood Guest House

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stuart was welcoming and ensured we had everything we needed.
Comfortable, clean well set up rooms, appreciated the ability to make tea in my room and the snack - I had a front room but no problem with traffic noise! WiFi worked well.
Delicious breakfast and I recommend the posh porridge.
Thank you Stuart for allowing me to print out my boarding pass (Ryan air accepted it despite me ticking the wrong nationality!) good luck with your Marathon training!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Ravenstu, Owner at Ravenswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Hi Sarah N, thank you for writing a fantastic review / rating of Ravenswood. I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed staying in my guest house.
Glad to Ryanair didn't have an issue with your boarding pass, I was slightly worried about that !
Hope you can both stay again in the future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Stuart is the perfect host - considerate, helpful, friendly, knowledgeable, and a great cook ! The house is great - clean and comfortable in a quiet residential neighbourhood a 20 minute stroll from the city centre

Reviewed 5 October 2013

best stay we had in Scotland! modern rooms, great breakfast, everything was neat. Stuart was more than helpful and deserves 10 stars! if you plan to stay in stirling, choose ravenswood and go visit the castle!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Hello JulieWanderlust, thank you for writing an amazing review of my guest house. Really great to hear you say it was the best in Scotland.
I hope you can stay again in the future.

Reviewed 3 October 2013

Stuart has a wonderful home.

Breakfast was excellent and our bed was one of the more comfortable ones of our vacation. Stuart was very helpful and organized with a preprinted map of Stirling with personal highlights and interest spots marked. The Birds and Bees pub recommendation, although a bit out of the way was a highlight.

I also appreciated the hi quality WIFI to book our next bed and breakfast on our trip.

Ravenswood was a 15 to 20 minute walk to the castle but thoroughly enjoyable.

Stuart was also most helpful at the train station and arranging our taxi.

If I was to stay in Stirling again I would book Ravenswood without hesitation.

Thanks Again
David Robertson

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello David R, many thanks for taking time to write a great review / rating of my guest, always appreciate this.
I am glad you found breakfast excellent, bed comfortable and made use of the super-fast free Wi-Fi.
Always happy to recommend places to eat and sights to see when guests visit Stirling.
I hope you can stay again in the future.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Stayed here for one night as we passed through Stirling on our roadtrip through Scotland. The B&B is well situated just outside the downtown core, the room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast selection was excellent

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ravenstu, Owner at Ravenswood Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Hello Ali-e-s-c, thank you for choosing to stay here at Ravenswood and for taking time to write a nice review / rating of my guest house.
It is always good to see my guests found the house, clean, comfortable and you enjoyed breakfast.
I hope you can both stay again in the future.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We spent 4 days/nights at Ravenswood Guest House in September 2013. We decided for this accomodation due to the excellent rating in trip advisor and the always positive comments. We had a nice clean room with free WLAN that we used intensively to find interesting spots and restaurants around. We enjoyed the breakfast very much. Not only the posh porridge is outstanding, the Scotish breakfast with all the nice things like baked beans, scrambled eggs, haggis and black pudding is also a dream. Our host Stuart pampered us perfectly. We are sure that we will come to Stirling again as our son Nils is studying at Stirling university. It is no question for us, where to stay next time. Stuart, be prepared!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hello Holger and Karin
Really good to meet you all and thank you for choosing to stay here.
Thank you for the great review / rating of my guest house. Good to hear you enjoyed breakfast and found the your room clean.
I've recently upgraded the house Wi-Fi, so all rooms have free unlimited super-fast Wi-Fi, good to hear its being well used.
Will be nice to see you again when you visit Nils at the university, bring some extra bikes and I will show you some great routes.