“Nicely situated”
Review of Cook's of Stirling

Cook's of Stirling
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 22 May 2014

A fairly new Hotel, well furnished and appointed with plenty of parking and situated at the south end of Stirling High Street.
The Décor and ambience are high end and the restaurant offered a good and inexpensive menu.
Bedroom was of a very high standard, bed, bedlinen, duvet and towels very high quality. Single glazing let in some street sounds but heavy curtains kept most of the noise low and daylight out, ensuring a sound sleep. Staff were helpful and very pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was my second visit to cooks. I was there on the opening night where the food was excellent but the service was slow.

I returned on a Monday evening in May and had an equally good meal, and the service was good.
I started with the haggis Bon bons served with mustard mayo and the haggis was lovely and tasty. I then had thyme roasted chicken served in a tasty gravy with roast potatoes and a nice selection of vegetables. My companion had the fish and chips which was served with mushy peas and tartare sauce. The presentation was lovely. Fat chips stacked up and the fish balanced on the stack.

My meal was £8.95 for two courses and my companions was, I think, the same price. A lovely glass of White Zinfandel washed the meal down nicely.

I will certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2013

It's clean, it's friendly, it's beautifully decorated and the food is good. We've stayed a few times and sampled several rooms and never been disappointed. I really wish we had such a fab hotel in our home town.
The staff are all, without exception, superb examples of what hospitality is all about. They really seem to care about their customers.
Generally speaking, Stirling hotels are wildly expensive, and I can't for the life of me work out why! The Adamo is no exception. We'd love to stay more often, but the price is a deterrent unfortunately.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I booked this hotel for me and my husband for our wedding nite and had a really enjoyable stay. The room was very clean, staff really friendly and extreamly helpful. Would definatly book this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lynne t
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

My friend ex book the adamo for me to leave on my wedding day when we got book in we whent to our room got settled in and found out 2of the bedside lamps didn,t work plus they where lime scales in the bath tv didn,t work windows never opened for fresh air . I wont be going back there price,s are a bit heigh. ;(

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Just came back from 5 nights at Adamo, Stirling. Had a room with an additional sofa bed, for my child. Room was clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom was very large. Plenty of tea/coffee/sugar/hot chocolate etc. Flat screen TV with enough channels. Breakfast was cooked to order and was delicious. The staff are super friendly and can't do enough for you. My ONLY gripe was that the bed was so, so uncomfortable, too rigid and not at all snuggly. I did mention this as I left and I feel sure that they will put a topper on the bed. I hope so, because I plan on going back if they do. The hotel is just at the edge of the town centre, on a roundabout with not beautiful surroundings, but there is plenty of parking spaces and it's only a 2 minute walk into town. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Nice size bedrooms and lovely breakfast. Evening dinner was fine but nothing to rave about. Handy for Stirling centre. Plenty of parking. Husaband is disabled but hotel poses no problem lift from rear entrance via a ramp and flat once within hotel. Would stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple