“wish I'd been in sooner”
Review of Smiling Jack's

Smiling Jack's
Ranked #17 of 236 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$7 - US$35
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smiling Jacks is a small, independent Tex -Mex-style licensed restaurant, situated on Stirling's lively Barnton Street. We opened in 1995, and specialize in home-cooked traditional Tex-Mex food, using the best, fresh local produce. The restaurant itself is brightly coloured, with lively music, and friendly staff, which makes it a popular choice for lunch, dinner or an ideal venue for parties & celebrations. Our menu has an extensive range of appetisers, starters, light meals and main dishes. With a great range of Mexican, and other imported beers, premium Tequilas, Wines, Frozen Margaritas and Cocktails a night at Smiling Jacks is always one to remember!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having been an employee for year's with the previous owner of smiling Jack's I was a bit weary of dinning here , however I was actually pleasantly surprised , lunch menu was great value for money , really generous portions and food was lovely , could have been doing with a bit more salsa though with the starter (stuffed jalapenos ) , margaritas was just as nice as before . Now I've been in and know how nice it is , I will certainly be back .

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Just been tonight again for dinner for the second time in a few weeks, as i was impressed with the first visit. Another lovley meal, steak fajitas, and pulled beef enchiladas. Both very nice, tasty and large portions. Great value for money, service very friendly and efficent. Looking forward to the next visit already as there was lots on the menu i really fancied trying. Well done smiling jacks, Nice to see real mexican food being served instead of the grim offerings from the chains such as chiquitos and likes.

1  Thank exelsor
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Was her with some colleagues from work for lunch. The lunch menu was excellent and being able to have chilli nachos and ribs for £10 was great value. The food was brilliant and I would definitely recommend Smiling Jacks to anyone.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had a great time at Smiling Jacks last night! Never booked a table, however that was no problem. The member of staff greeted me very warmly at the door, allowing me to sit where I was most comfortable until my friend who's birthday it was arrived. I ordered a frozen strawberry daiquiri while I waited ~ which was lush!! The waitress showed me the specials/offer menu (2 main courses for £15) which I thought was a great deal!! I explained how it was my friends birthday and the waitress was extremely polite and helpful and suggested to put candles in a desert (waffles) which she would bring over when we'd finished our mains.

When my friend arrived we ordered the Tex Mex Combination plate to start, which was delicious!! Also a pulled pork and chicken chimichanga from the specials menu. They were absolutely delicious meals! The waitresses were extremely helpful throughout the night making sure we had everything we needed. We had more cocktails including a French martini, cosmopolitan and sex on the beach ~ which were all divine!

Once we'd finished our mains another waitress came over with the delicious waffles with candles while singing happy birthday which I thought was a great touch! The bill was also very pleasing for the purse!

Overall we had a great experience at Smiling Jacks with superb food, great cocktails and even better customer service! Will definitely be back!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Stopped by with a friend who was visiting from America and loves mexican food. Service was efficient with courteous staff. We both ordered fajitas which were lovely. Upon leaving I picked up a leaflet which detailed the offers availalbe during the week including kids eat free and a 20% student discount. I will definitely return with my family.