“Best fajitas in a long time”
Review of Smiling Jack's

Smiling Jack's
Ranked #21 of 229 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Smiling Jacks is a small, independent Tex -Mex-style licensed restaurant, situated on Stirling's lively Barnton Street. We opened in 1995, and specialize in home-cooked traditional Tex-Mex food, using the best, fresh local produce. The restaurant itself is brightly coloured, with lively music, and friendly staff, which makes it a popular choice for lunch, dinner or an ideal venue for parties & celebrations. Our menu has an extensive range of appetisers, starters, light meals and main dishes. With a great range of Mexican, and other imported beers, premium Tequilas, Wines, Frozen Margaritas and Cocktails a night at Smiling Jacks is always one to remember!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We found this place through TripAdvisor and decided to go based on the good feedback. We had a lovely meal; the best fajitas we've had in a long time. It was great value for money and the service was excellent. I wish we lived closer so we could go more often.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Guys you need to bring back chicken nachos with the bbq sauce, meatballs with penne. Generally just missing the old hearty stuff your face portions of times gone by. Cant fault service or anything about the place, just the menus could be broader at lunchtime.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This was the first time visiting this restaurant since it has been re-opened under new management and we were not disappointed, I would even go as far as saying it's much better than it used to be. The food was delicious, we had to start with BBQ chicken nachos to share then followed with chicken chimichangas and chicken enchiladas.it was all was fantastic, we will definitely be returning and I will be recommending to all of my friends and family. Keep up the great work,

1  Thank Lala0505
Reviewed 24 June 2014

It was my birthday and me and my partner were going out for drinks and food. We hadn't decided where to go so hadn't booked anywhere. We walked into smiling Jacks and there was a large table of about 20 already in. We asked for a table and before the waitress seated us she said there will be a wait is that ok? We agreed as saw the other table. The waitress came and took our order for drinks then food. I noticed that the large tables order was being taken also. Our drinks came within minutes. Our started weren't long after that. Delicious. Plates were cleared, then we sat for 5/10 min then our mains came. The staff were fantastic. Even though they were rushed off there feet they still served us promptly. Drinks were fab too!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Went for dinner with a friend and had starters, main courses and drinks. Quesadilla's for starters were delicious and very well presented. My friend had a huge portion of pork nachos for main, and they were delicious; they were on the menu as a starter, but the staff offered a slightly larger portion for main without any fuss at all. I had a burger for main which was good, but didn't blow me away.

The service, however, was absolutely first-class; friendly, welcoming, and with just the right amount of attention. That alone would encourage me to eat their again. Our server also presented the bill, and then double checked if we were students so she could give us the student discount, without us even asking. Top notch.