“Best Gluten Free Pizza Ever”
Review of Mamma Mia

Mamma Mia
Ranked #34 of 236 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Have only been a coeliac for 10 years so I can still remember what a real pizza is suppose to taste like. I was sceptical but while on holiday in Edinburgh I thought I would give this place a go. Amazing, it really does taste like proper pizza. This place has cracked it. Well done and thank you

Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed a beautiful .....truly Italian meal ,sitting outside in the shadow of Stirling Castle on 20th July....everything was special from the owner greeting us to the unbeatable services of the very polite waiter ,who really could not do enough for us,to the exceptional food.The whole experience from the minute we sat down was particularly outstanding.....and we will definately be back ,next time we visit Stirling.....see you soon !

Reviewed 4 August 2014

When we were asked if we would like bread before our meal, we did not expect to receive stale store-bought Italian bread and be charged four pounds for it. We didn't even eat most of it. We both had the veal special, which was OK but a bit tough for veal and rather tasteless.
Then the police came in while we were there and shut the place down after talking to the owner and visiting the kitchen. We didn't get sick or anything but that doesn't give one a feeling of confidence. We were mostly done eating by then but wondered if we should finish.
We had the house wine (red) which was only OK. Did not have dessert as we were concerned about the place being shut down and we feared it would not be that good anyway.
Service was fine but the staff seemed preoccupied with what was happening with the police.
We will not go back,

2  Thank RandyRoss
MammaMiaRistorante, Owner at Mamma Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Mr Ross, I would first like to apologise for the bad experience you had in our restaurant. My name is Antonello and I co-own Mamma Mia's, the visit from the police was a huge shame and I feel terrible that your experience at our restaurant was ruined by their arrival. It concerned a personal problem with one of the staff and was in no way related to the running of the restaurant.

We would like to invite you to come back and enjoy our restaurant the way it was meant to be experienced at a later date if you come back to Stirling and we will endeavor to make up for your bad experience.

If you would like to discuss this further with me please send an email to my address mammamia.restaurant at yahoo.co.uk

Warm Regards
Antonello Cazzatto

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Lovely Italian restaurant in the centre of Stirling. I had a typical Italian menu with bruschetta (regular) and pasta with salmon (very good). Service was very friendlly, in sum highly recommendale

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

A great taste of the wonderful Italien kitchen, starter, pasta and decert wonderful and then we get the best wine from italy . The service and the charming owner was great, if you can't go to Italy visit this restaurant and you Got a taste of Italy.