“What a beautiful place!”

National Wallace Monument
Book In Advance
US$49.65*
Highland Lochs and William Wallace Day Trip from Glasgow
US$63.06*
Loch Ness, Highlands and Whisky Distillery Day Tour from Edinburgh
US$625.26*
and up
Day Trip to Doune Castle, the Trossachs and Loch Lomond in a Private Minibus...
Ranked #3 of 66 things to do in Stirling
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A national hero - a national landmark. The National Wallace Monument stands proudly on The Abbey Craig, outside the historic city of Stirling, and tells the thrilling story of Sir William Wallace, Guardian of Scotland, Patriot and Martyr.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Have visited this place twice during 2007 and 2008! I would visit it once again if I had the chance. It's a beautiful building from an architectural point of view, with huge emphasis on details! A great tower that has tons of stories to tell you! A magnificent place to enjoy the view to the beautiful town of Stirling, the river and the mountains around! It has a beautiful cafe on the top (if I am not mistaken) that we enjoyed a hot beverage. If ever around Scotland, I would say that it's worthed to spend a day at beautiful Stirling and visit the Wallace Monument.

1  Thank jmal127

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Really nice monument! Great view in the top! There you can find the Willian Wallace Sword and buy some Scottish Souvenirs. Be prepared for walk up stair!

1  Thank pedrohmachado
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Go what a place and view. Unmissable if your in Stirling area. There are quite of lot of steps to climb up so you must be slightly fit. Well worth a visit.

2  Thank Auchtubh8
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stopped in Stirling on our way North of course to see the Wallace Monument and Stirling Castle. I must say not for the faint hearted! I am not good with heights but forced myselt to climb to the very top and it was so worth the fear, even though I did not go near the edge I still had spectacular 360 deg. views. Was just a little terrifying when some sort of alarm went off while I was busy being scared but I survived. My fitness level is not great so the climb shouldn't be a problem for most. Beautiful surrounding forest area and not overly expensive we thought. It has to be a don't miss!

2  Thank rodgerskay
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This monument is well worth a visit and all the better if you are fit and have a head for heights. The views from the top are wonderful and getting there, up steep and narrow stairs is part of the fun if you have plenty of time and rest at the frequent staging points of historical stories. All these are well presented to allow you to, take in the story of this amazing man and his place in Scottish history. You have a choice of walking from the carpark up to the tower or catching the courtesy bus. We did both. Timing your visit to suit opening hours is important, we got caught and had to come back next day.

1  Thank Les H