“Excellant Coffee”

Corn Exchange
Ranked #103 of 237 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: Scottish
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I was in Stirling wanting a cup of coffee the place had a great accessible toilet where a wheel chair user can get in no bother the staff were polite I would strongly recommend this. This establishment is owned by Belhaven Brewery of East Lothian. The bar is modern and progressive for a multifaceted society

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I went into this bar for the first time this year brilliant staff clean bar lovely pints. Just what you call a proper bar. The food looked delicious I a must do the next time I'm there which will be soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Jusr got back from 5 nights in Stirling staying just up the road from the Corn Exchange at the Stirling Highland Hotel. We looked in the restaurant there on our first night but it was incredibly hot (no air con) and incredibly expensive (a burger £14!!!!) So we wandered down the hill and came across the CE. It was a lovely evening so we sat outside. Very quickly we were asked if we would like to order. We enjoyed the meal so much that we returned for lunch and dinner for the rest of our stay. All of the meals are well cooked and presented and represent terrific value for money. For example an offer :- two rumps steaks and a bottle of wine for £17.99. Sounds too good to be true? Well it was great, so good that we had it twice (not on the same night though!) The Belhaven Best beer was great too and I didn't think it was expensive at £2.85 a pint and if combined with a food offer was even cheaper. However the very best bit was the staff. Friendly, helpful, chatty, smiley, quick....they were all great. I said all this to the manager before I left and she was delighted. She ought to be very proud and pleased with the place and her staff. I would definitely recommend the CE to anyone visiting Stirling looking for great beer and food served by a smashing bunch of people.

Reviewed 24 April 2013 via mobile

Just went in for a quick lunch and found the meal deals really good value. Be careful though if you order another beer as it was as expensive as a main course with a beer.

Service was excellent and although the place was quiet it still had a good atmosphere.

Overall excellent value for money

Reviewed 15 April 2013

Was out with my husband on Sat night, first time in ages. Good atmosphere, mixed ages and bouncers really plesant.Ordered a few drinks and sat downstairs, then went to the upstairs bar for different music and met up with some friends. Really enjoying the night.
Both myself and my husband went downstairs and I went to bar ordered two drinks, vodka & cola and a smirnoff ice for myself. I was then asked for £6. My husband had gone to the toilet.
I noticed that the vodka was not poured form the bottle and had been poured from a plastic glass that sat in the middle of the back wall under the mirror and asked the young barman to give me a fresh vodka. He refused and said it had only just been poured and I should accept it, if not get someone else to serve me..!!!! He stormed off as I refused to accept this. The young guy who was the glass collector just shook his head. I was gobsmacked. A friend was ordering drink and He kindley added my drinks to his order further along the bar.
I asked for the manager, a young girl with shoulder length straight hair did speak to the young man with black spikey hair and did apologise and offered to serve me.
I had been drinking but was really disappointed that this was acceptable. I wasnt aggressive or rude. I then ordered 3 vodka & cola's and a smirnoff ice and it cost over £20. I wasnt in the mood to argue as I was having a really good night out with friends and couldn't be bothered by making a fuss and spoiling the night.
Shame that they were willing to pour second hand drinks makes you wonder what other standards they have let drop. Will be letting all friends and family know about this too!

2  Thank Fiona B