“brilliant”

The Stirling Highland Hotel
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 7 August 2014

stayed for 3 nights, room was super , clean, well stocked, staff were all friendly, food was excellent, brilliant choice at breakfast, try their slow cook beef, and creme brulee, mmmmm, will definatley go back

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 243shirleyr
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Stirling Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay here at The Stirling Highland.

I am pleased you got the chance to dine in our AA rosette restaurant, and experience the fabulous cuisine we offer.

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review and hope to see you again in the future.

Stewart Bond

Write a ReviewReviews (2,143)

Reviewed 6 August 2014

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is in a fabulous position, high up not far from the castle, you get fantastic views. Each window is like a different picture. The building is an old school with lots of character. The rooms are a good size, very clean and the bathrooms are modern. We happened to be in Scotland when the temperatures were hitting 28/29 degrees and surprisingly, the heated towel rails were on! The beds were very comfortable,quiet rooms and I certainly got two very good nights sleep. The only down side to the room was the heat. Despite being high up, the windows only opened a small amount so you weren't really able to make use of the natural breeze to help cool the rooms. The restaurant is on the first floor, the bar snacks were good, highly recommend the pizzas. The main restaurant served a good selection for breakfast and the staff were very helpful. We ate there in the evening and to be honest, the food was quite bland and the restaurant had no aircon. It felt like we were melting and it wasn't too pleasant.
During the day, we used two of the conference rooms and luckily, these did have aircon which was a welcome relief. Good staff, great building and fab location - I'd definitely go back, but must admit, I wouldn't eat in the restaurant again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank The_Simnetts

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to leave us a review.

We value your comments about your recent stay with us here at The Stirling Highland Hotel, however I am sorry to hear your dining experience was not to your satisfaction on this occasion and the temperature was not ideal for you.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times before and have recommended it to colleagues but this was a terrible experience.
On opening the door to my room the smell of bleach was overpowering.
I tried to book a dinner reservation but was told the restaurant was fully booked.... For both nights of my stay. So I went next door to Collessio Hotel for dinner (which was amazing)
I always enjoyed the hotel's freshly cooked breakfast but now they have gone to buffet style with it under heaters, what a shame.
I ordered a packed lunch and was told to collect it the next morning before I left for work. Only to discover the kitchen didn't get the instruction.

Such a massive shame, what happened to this lovely hotel. In future I shall stay at the hotel Collessio next door.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mandi P
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Stirling Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Mandi P,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am very disappointed to hear that following successful past stays with us your most recent trip did not live up to our usual high standards.

I hope you will visit us again soon - when I am sure the normally high standards you have experienced on previous visits will be restored,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very good location near castle. Easy access by road and good free car parking
Very comfortable rooms clean and tidy and well equipped but more drawers would be useful.
Good food and bar but would have liked to see a real ale given the local micro breweries in Stirling.
The lift does not go to all floors
Enjoyed my stay and would return

Room Tip: If you need it ask for a room on a floor which the lift serves
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

We are glad you enjoyed your time here at The Stirling Highland Hotel and hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Booked to stay in this hotel 7 MONTHS ago but got email (not a call) to tell me the room was cancelled 3 days before we were due to arrive...at time of commonwealth games!

Although they booked us in somewhere else (further away) doesn't really excuse the mess they made and impact on us.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank StuAndClareAndBump

Dear StuAndClareAndBump,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused to you with your recent booking.

I hope to welcome you to the Stirling Highland Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

If this hotel has a FOUR star rating, then I am the Queen of England. It is old of course (great to stay in a former high school), but does the soft, lumpy bed have to come from 1857? Do I have to wear slippers because I don't want to go barefoot on old, not really clean carpets? Spend the money and stay at the newly opened (in a very old building) hotel right next door. It was open one week while we had our eight-day stay here for the Commonwealth Games. Stirling Hotel staff is great, location is great - there is also a Youth Hostel just almost next door (16 pounds a night - open to all ages). Consider other options is my advice.

Room Tip: No elevator, so stay on floor one. Stairs are steep and it is cooler on the main floor. No air-con...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CarolE451

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to leave us your review.

I am sorry to hear your recent stay at The Stirling Highland Hotel was not to your expectation on this occasion.

We value your comments and thank you for your kind words about our staff.

We do hope to see you again in the future.