“Truly magnificent!!”

The Stirling Highland Hotel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

This has to be the best hotel I've had the pleasure of staying in. I had arrived struggling with a bad back and at check in was asked if I needed help with my bags so I left it at reception. I got to my room to find my bag already there!!
The room was clean,very tidy and stylish with a comfortable bed.
The food was faultless and the service was exceptional.
The staff there were all great and nothing was too much trouble.
I'm back up in a week and really looking forward to my two weeks stay!!

Oh and my back recovered quickly too!

• Stayed: August 2014
TheHotelCollection, General Manager at The Stirling Highland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to leave us such a great review.

I am pleased to hear you had a fabulous experience here at The Stirling Highland Hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel, our staff and your dining experience. I have shared your comments with the teams and they are delighted with your recognition.

We look forward to welcoming you back next week

Stewart Bond

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This hotel is in a former boarding school, and it feels like it. However, that is not a bad thing. It is an impressive building, commanding extraordinary views, just below the Castle, and the Church in which James VI of Scotland ( I of England) was crowned. The town is well worth a visit.
The hotel decor is acceptable, but now looks like it could do with a bit of an update. It is clean.
The restaurant serves good food, but again, fails to capitalise on the opportunity to create an amazing ( as opposed to perfectly acceptable but not exceptional) atmosphere. It just looked a wee bit tired.
I found the staff all very helpful and friendly. I would happily stay here again. I noticed that most of the clientele when I was there were retirees. If you like somewhere that harks back to the days of grand old hotels, and do not need the most minimalistic modern decor, this will appeal to you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2014

we book two rooms for two nights we had a very enjoyable stay the food was super and the rooms a good size with a view over Stirling but the best thing about this hotel is the staff they are welcoming, friendly and so helpful they make your stay special.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel. It was a school in the mid 1800's that is now a fully modern hotel. The staff are welcoming, friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was well done. The rooms are more average, but functional. The big star is the spa! The pool is very large by hotel standards and has a lap swimming lane that is adequately long. There is a side area of the pool for children to play in and a very shallow end for very young children. The water is very clean. The hot tub can fit about four or five people and the water in hot tub is very clean (rare in my hotel experience). There also is a lovely sauna and steam room. My two twelve year old children and I spent over three hours enjoying the facilities. The location of hotel is excellent and just a quick 10 minute walk up to the castle. The car park at castle was full with long line of cars to get in, so I was glad the hotel was walking distance. Lovely restaurants close by the hotel. We ate at the Kilted Kangaroo (Australian pub) and quite enjoyed our meal. The car park at hotel is large and secure. Watch out what floor your room is on, though, the elevator does not go to the second floor (only the third) and I had to carry all our bags up and down the stairs. But over all, very nice hotel in excellent location and staff was very pleasant. Treat yourself to a day at a first class spa!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank DrDSaintPaul
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My wife and i recently stayed over night which in fairness we were lucky getting a room as it was last minute during the Commonwealth Games held in Glasgow so obviously they were busy and with supply and demand they did charge a premium what i felt was excessive, the presentation of the hotel the lovely old building and courtyard car park area are good, the room was ok but needed a bit of a tidy up and definatley needed repair or replacing of the carpet as it was worn to threads in one area, the WIFI was not good the breakfast buffet good but no traditional haggis on the day and the tables seemed sticky, after asking for a cloth to wipe them i was told its the stain that has been use on them always feels sticky? good location for a walk to the castle

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Came to this hotel for a recent getaway. Was a great stay with a lovely sized room and exquisite food. The staff were all excellent but I would like to particularly mention the lovely Frances who made our experience absolutely delightful, even after we misheard her and called her Fiona for most of the night.

All in all I would highly recommend the Stirling Highland Hotel even if it's just for the beautiful chirpy staff

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ben G
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel on a last minute overnight getaway; saw Stirling Highland and thought we would treat ourselves. we left with a feeling of being slightly deflated. Friends asked us how the hotel was and we replied 'well it was ok, but, well it was just ok' maybe our expectations were too high.
The room was a fine size, everything was immaculate and comfortable. It was a bit odd that the only place we could plug kettle in with a flat surface was the floor...almost like the dressing table had been moved a foot along the wall for cleaning, away from sockets, and forgotten to be put back :) .
We decided to eat in Scholars restaurant and I have to say the food was amazing. So delicious, it was heavenly. we cannot rate the food high enough. We would have gladly returned for the dining experience...The staff were excellent, attentive but not over bearing. What let the whole dining experience down, and the reason we probably wont return to dine, was the lack of ambience and atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yorkiegirlAbuDhabi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stirling
Holiday Inn Express Stirling
Friars Wynd Hotel
Friars Wynd Hotel
#5 of 20 in Stirling
Doubletree by Hilton, Dunblane-Hydro

Been to The Stirling Highland Hotel? Share your experiences!