Lost Guest House
Holiday Inn Express Stirling(Stirling)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$202
US$124
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
King Robert Hotel(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$121
US$152
  • Breakfast included
US$92
PremierInn.com
Stirling Court Hotel(Stirling)(Great Value!)
US$83
TripAdvisor
PremierInn.com
All reviewstown centrelast minute bookingsingle roomenjoyed my staydecent sizelocation is excellentbreakfast was includeda bit tiredcouple of nightshaggisstayed one nightfull scottish breakfastscotlandpubscastlefunctionensuite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Booked a 2 night stay (Saturday/Sunday) Arrived at 3pm and had to wait for 10 minutes in the reception because of the lack of staff (only 1 on doing reception & bar), Allocated a room that we found to have beds not made up and towels lying on the floor & a dirty toilet. Allocated a second room which had another guests cases and clothes etc within, Returned to the reception again and told to wait in the bar,I ordered a lager which would'nt pour so I had to take a bottled cider. Were told on Sunday night that we would have to return by 11pm or we would be locked out because they could not provide a night porter ( terrible). Breakfast was of poor quality. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank briski23
Reviewed 14 June 2013

The hotel was in a good location, within walking distance of the train station, shops and Stirling Castle. However, our room (room 1) overlooked the noisy extractor fan meaning we had a restless stay as it was constantly turning off and on. First night we asked if it would be turned off and was advised it would be turned off between 10-11pm. However, this was untrue. The windows did not open properly, so couldn't get fresh air and the bathroom extractor fan did not work or it did but was poor. The bathroom ended up like a sauna. Room was a strange layout with a half height partition built to position the bed/headboard. The 'wardrobe' was a corner unit with the television on top. Overall, not a relaxing stay due to the noise and room layout meant we could not relax during our stay as it felt claustrophobic.However, the breakfast and service was good.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 112bluebell
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My partner booked 3 nights at this hotel as part of my birthday treat of a tour of Scotland and I very much enjoyed our stay. The hotel is in an excellent location, the rooms are clean and the staff friendly. We stayed in suite no1 which is situated down in the basement so it's a little dark but very spacious and well decorated. My only complaint around the room itself is that it is underneath the dining room, which has wooden flooring, and so it was quite noisy in the mornings as the breakfast preparations were under way.

The only meal we had at the restaurant was breakfast and whilst tasty, a little underwhelming for the price. If it hadn't been included in the deal my partner had, I would have been happy to have eaten in the town centre.

I have no idea if this was value for money, I haven't a clue what he paid, but I would recommend it for the location and overall experience.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the first floor to avoid the noise in the basement.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tincrystal
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Only stay here if you get a great price. Even then make sure you go out for meals which is easy enough considering how close to town it is.

Don't use the taxi company the hotel uses as it's a friend of hers and he ripped us off.

Best used as a base of operations.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank gordon487
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spent an evening here recently at a murder mystery night. From start to finish the receptionist was so unfriendly !! The food was awful and i was given a vegetarian set meal because they had run out of food only to discover it was frozen in the middle. I was given a small apology and the handed an alternative of mush on a plate. Our party did make the most of the evening and had fun but felt on guard at every turn.
Over priced!!!!!!!!