“Disappointed....”
Review of Lost Guest House

Lost Guest House
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Booked overnight stay for Murder Mystery event with 3 friends to celebrate a 60th birthday, rooms were a bit tired, but passable. Dinner Menu on the website had been changed totally, however we were offered an alternative. The food was dreadful, Lentil soup awful chicken was overcooked and inedible, cheesecake solid, coffe/tea cold...all in all it was terrible.....the Murder entertainment saved the day, it was absolutely brilliant and so much fun. Only one of the water taps in the Ladies Toilets was working and in the bedrooms (we had 3 between us) we had to wash in cold water, none of us had any hot water and could not shower in the morning. we complained to staff who said they had had a plumber out to fix it, but offered no compensation. We didn't let it dampen our spirits, but would definitely NOT recommend this hotel and will not be returning...sorry Terrace Hotel, you really need to get your 'act' together too !

Room Tip: no comment
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank waft

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Nice hotel well placed but on arrival we were told that there was no hot water but plumber was working on it. Got up s unday and still no hot water . Breakfast was ok had better. Checked out and still no apology for no hot water. Not worth £80.00 price better off in a travelodge or premier inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anonymous186565
Management T, Manager at Lost Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for your fair and balanced review. We hoped we had spoken to anyone who was unhappy about the boiler failure. I’m sorry to see that this didn’t happen while you were in the hotel and while we could have done something positive to improve your stay. As a small, independent hotel we aim to compete with the chains hotels you mention through our personal service and a genuine concern for our customers so we are disappointed and apologise this didn’t happen during your stay. Please get in touch so we can talk to you about your stay now.

Reviewed 11 September 2013 via mobile

Don't bother staying here. There are better places you can stay in for the same price. The woman behind reception has no idea how to be polite and is just plain ignorant. The room was tired and to small. The tea and coffee was inadequate, 1 packet of biscuits is just cutting corners! There was marks all over the walls and behind the shower door had never seen a cloth! There was also no soap. The bed is like sleeping on a concrete slab, woke up constantly in pain! All in all this hotel is very poor. Great location though very central!

• Stayed: August 2013
Management T, Manager at Lost Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2013

Dear Sir/Madam,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. It is greatly appreciated and goes a huge way in improving the guest experience here at The Terraces.

I apologise that you felt that the receptionist on duty was not welcoming, which I can assure you is not how we train our staff to be. It is not acceptable to have anything but a good impression from our staff so I greatly apologise for this.

We stock our tea and coffee in the room, to ensure our guests get 1-2 cups at least, and a packet of shortbread which has 2 pieces in. We would of happily assisted you with a top of of any of the items.

There is no excuse for lack of cleanliness in the bedrooms, and this shall be strongly addressed with the house keeping team.

I would very much appreciate if you could get in touch with me directly at the hotel so we can discuss this matter further.

Please do accept my sincere apologies, and I do hope to welcome you to The Terraces Hotel in the future in order for us to compensate for your experience. I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes

Reviewed 8 September 2013

this is a review for the restaurant.

After hearing from a colleague that this place was good for food, I decided to give it a go when we had friends visiting us from Germany.

There are plenty choices on the menu and everyone left satisfied.

For a mixture of traditional British food at a reasonable price this is the place to go. Not pretentious, just plain and simple food.

Also, nice touch in the ladies with hairspray and perfumes available.

At a tenner a head it isn't haute cuisine but a nice wee meal out with not too much fuss it is ideal.

• Stayed: August 2013

Many thanks for taking the time to review the Restaurant here at the Terraces. It is wonderful to have feedback and I shall ensure that our Chef here reads your comments. We endevour to provide a great value and tasty menu that gives our customers a variety. We look forward to seeing you again soon at The Terraces.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Hadn't been here for some time for lunch so decided to go with family as it has been excellent in the past.pleasant lady on reception but very poor quality food,none of us finished our starters or main meals and ended up going elsewhere.
Would not recommend to anyone for lunch.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to review. We appreciate any feedback, good or bad. I firstly would like to apologise for you not receiving the quality you had expected. I am very pleased to hear that our Receptionist on duty was pleasant.

I would very much like to discuss this matter further, and gain more insight into the specifics of the problems you encountered, in order that we can rectify it in the future. If you could be so kind as to contact me directly at the hotel.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Have stayed here before and was happy with the standard of this hotel.What happened
Tired unwelcoming rooms,headboard that was jammed behind bed and showers that roasted you alive.Food that should have been served hot was cold and food that should have been served cold was hot.Reciptionist was rude and verging on scarey
Never in the habit of complaining,but sadly yhis hotel is a riot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eliza1967_10

Dear Sir or Madam,

Many thanks for taking the time to review. Firstly I would like to thank you for returning to the hotel, and apologise on this occasion you felt we fell short. We appreciate any feedback. I would like to discuss this matter with your further personally, and would be very grateful if you could contact me directly at the hotel.

I look forward to hearing from you and please again accept my sincere apologies.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

Stayed for 2 night on business. Like other reviews room was tired and dated. Curtains hanging off cobwebs hanging from ceiling. Carpets tired and not very clean. Found items from previous guests behind bedside cabinet. Very noisy room. Food a disaster ordered fish cakes which turned out to be frozen inside. Told waiter but was still charged for them. Have stayed in a lot of hotels and generally not a complaining person but this hotel is poor..

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate all feedback good and bad. I would like to apolgise for the shortcomings which you faced during your stay. We endeavor to provide a quality service to all of our guests, and fell short for you on this occasion. I would greatly appreciate if you would be so kind as to contact me directly at the hotel, so I can ensure that I have all the facts and respond accordingly. I look forward to hearing from you.