Lost Guest House
  • Breakfast included
US$157
US$110
Agoda.com
Stirling Court Hotel(Stirling)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$98
The Woodside Hotel(Doune)(Great Value!)
US$101
US$155
Official Site
US$97
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stirling M80(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
All reviewstown centrelast minute bookingsingle roomenjoyed my staydecent sizelocation is excellentbreakfast was includeda bit tiredcouple of nightshaggisstayed one nightfull scottish breakfastscotlandpubscastlefunctionensuite
Reviewed 20 March 2014

After recent reviews we arrived here with some trepidation.agreed not everything is 5 star perfection, some light bulbs were broken and the bar prices were a bit steep but our room was clean, the staff were friendly enough and overall it was good value. It seems quite popular with local people which is always a good indicator

Room Tip: Ask for a suite when booking
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Would definitely not recommend this hotel.

I visited this hotel as I had seen them advertising 3 courses for £10 plus a free drink (Coca cola). When I arrived we took our table, there was only the two of us and as soon as we sat down a girl came and asked what we would like to drink, I said can we have a look at the menu first before we chose, the girl just stood there, we then ordered our drinks, 1 minute later she was back with the drinks and said are you ready to order, I said no could you give us another couple of minutes please with which she replied, no you need to order now as the kitchen is very busy! How it was busy I have no idea as there were only two other tables, both of which were tables of four and had already been served their food. There so called 3 courses for £10 were on their menu however about 85% of their menu was made up with supplements of a further £2.50/£3.00 and you only got your free drink of Coca Cola if there were four or more at the table. I told the girl that we would eat elsewhere since the kitchen was so busy. The attitude was shocking, there was no atmosphere in the restaurant, in fact I was pleased that the girl had been so rude and had no customer service as it gave us a good reason to leave. This place is best to be avoided.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Coco123456115
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I was there last Saturday as part of a larger party who were there for the murder mystery weekend. The room was really not clean, particularly the shower, which was grubby and covered in hairs. The temperature of the water was either freezing or scalding, no middle ground.

The meal was ok, the best bit was the cheesecake, however I'd asked several times about a vegetarian option and at the point the melon was being served, when I asked for the third time, I was asked 'would I not eat the chicken?' No, obviously, or why would I be asking?

The decor is pretty tired and the whole place could do with a facelift. I agree with another reviewer that the staff were pretty dour.

We had a good time, but not because of the hotel, but because of the company. I'd also say that the tarrif is far too much given the quality of the meal and accommodation.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cl4re2014
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Stayed Saturday night of Valentines weekend. Had upgraded room to a suite. Suite was very nice, although a little to warm. Had our evening meal at the hotel which had a fixed price menu 0f three courses for £10.
Selection on the menu was very good and served very quickly. We would happily have paid more for the meal which was excellent. Breakfast in the morning was very good. All in all we enjoyed our stay here and will recommend to family friends. We come to Stirling now and again and will have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Management T, General Manager at Lost Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thanks for this review, we're pleased to hear that Dinner was just what we are aiming to give our guests: good food at a great price

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Booked in for two nights. Double room with tv,tea and coffee facilities. Meal in the evening was very good. Service was excellent, young batman and young waitress looked us well. Service with a smile. Full English breakfast or continent offered. Location is very near the shops and the Thistle shopping centre

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple