Review Highlights
Andrew is the best!

We booked with Andrew for 2 different days during our cruise of the British Isles and it was the... read more

Reviewed 15 January 2024
missingupstate
ne ohio
via mobile
Don't miss this tour opportunity!

Andrew is simply an amazing guide. He picked us up and took us on a one of a kind all day tour... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2023
RuthAStoddard
Longview, Texas
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2023 via mobile

You must take a tour with Andrew! We went up into the Highlands and saw incredible scenery, an abandoned village, standing stones, and so much more. You will not only see amazing places but Andrew tells you the history and lore of all the places you go. He is a wonderful storyteller with a great sense of humor. His tour is the highlight of my trip! I feel I really got to see a part of Scotland only the locals generally see.

Date of experience: May 2023
thescotproj, Owner at Get Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2023

Yeah we definitely went a wee bit off the beaten path there. I also loved the tour.
Thanks for being lovely and thanks for taking the time to write a review. It really is appreciated.

Andrew

Reviewed 17 April 2023

Andrew took a bunch of slightly mad Yorkshire girls around the beautiful sites of Scotland and survived. A fountain of knowledge and a friendly face we all had a great time. An asset to keeping scottish heritage alive and would highly recommend. Thank you Andrew and I dare say we will be back!

Date of experience: April 2023
1  Thank MaddieH451
thescotproj, Owner at Get Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2023

That day was a giggle from start to finish. I think I had more fun than all of you!
For clarity though, I was driving for another company called Scottish Guided Tours and the owner Niall McOwen works tirelessly to ensure his clients are looked after, until I picked you all up. Then you all worked tirelessly to keep me laughing all day.
It was a real pleasure and thank you for the lovely review.
Andrew

Reviewed 1 April 2023 via mobile

Well to be honest it wasn’t great didn’t have the feel off a castle. Some interesting bits but have seen a lot better. One of the food places was ok but by the time you paid for the food it was cold and it was cold in there as well.
But we hadn’t been there before so the only really good thing I can say is the views where nice

Date of experience: March 2023
thescotproj, Owner at Get Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2023

We have never met or spoke or engaged in any way Samantha. You have never toured with me but if you had done I’m sure you would have had a fantastic time.
I’m sure that this review is intended for Stirling Castles trip advisor page and not mine and I’ve contacted Trip Advisor about this review and they are refusing to remove it.
Please Samantha, if you get an opportunity, could you delete this review. It’s simply in the wrong place.

Reviewed 2 November 2022

It takes a gifted storyteller with an intimate knowledge of his country’s history — and a profound passion for his country — to enable a newcomer to experience Scotland in the broadest sense in a short period of time.

Andrew McIntyre is that person. With a mixture of kindness, sincerity, honesty, and an infectious sense of humor, this man is a born tour guide.

My sister and I spent four days touring The Isle of Skye with Andrew and always felt we were in capable hands. His expert driving skills were greatly appreciated as we were able to sit back and enjoy the impossibly beautiful scenery while listening to his tales. I had only a couple of things I absolutely wanted to see on this, my second trip, while my sister had many. Somehow, not only did Andrew remember all of our requests — and accomplish them — but also threw in a few surprises of his own. When weather concerns necessitated a change in plans, Andrew’s ability to quickly present a new agenda was impressive.

We will always appreciate the lengths to which Andrew went to make this tour unforgettable.

If you want a world-class tour guide who will leave you with cherished memories, Get Off the Beaten Path in Scotland with Andrew McIntyre. You will not be disappointed.

Date of experience: October 2022
3  Thank Suzanne S
Reviewed 18 September 2022

We thoroughly enjoyed Andrew’s guidance thru the Highlands and the Isle of Skye. He took us to places we never would have visited on our own and he provided amazing history and folk lore that truly made our adventure unique. He’s the real deal if you want an authentic Scottish experience.

Date of experience: September 2022