Review Highlights
Andrew is the best!

We booked with Andrew for 2 different days during our cruise of the British Isles and it was the... read more

Reviewed 15 January 2024
missingupstate
ne ohio
via mobile
Don't miss this tour opportunity!

Andrew is simply an amazing guide. He picked us up and took us on a one of a kind all day tour... read more

Reviewed 19 October 2023
RuthAStoddard
Longview, Texas
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2023

Andrew was an excellent tour guide. We had a 2 day private tour with him. So knowledgeable and funny. If you are looking for someone to show you around Scotland, he won't disappoint. He truly knows his history. We even got to sample whiskey!

Date of experience: May 2023
thescotproj, Owner at Get Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2023

Thanks for this. I’m missing you guys. Safe onward travels and maybe we’ll meet again someday.

Reviewed 13 May 2023 via mobile

There aren’t enough stars to give Andrew, 5 is no meaty enough!! The tour was incredible. Of course the sights and the highlands are breathtaking and we went to unique places where there were no other tourists. But the reason why you want to book this tour is Andrew! He is hilarious, you won’t stop laughing. And he is one of those rare people you meet in the world who is full of a joy for life (and for Scotland), and a genuine good person. Also did I mention hilarious??! We already miss him! We learned and saw and laughed so much. He truly made our Scotland trip. Thank you Andrew!

Date of experience: May 2023
thescotproj, Owner at Get Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2023

What a great review. I’ll give you 5 stars for it. Wish I could give you 6 because 5 is just no meaty enough.
Cheers for taking the time to write a review. Hopefully loads more folk that want to visit Scotland will just throw their money at me and ask me to show them around.
Oh and I miss you too.

Reviewed 13 May 2023 via mobile

You must take a tour with Andrew! We went up into the Highlands and saw incredible scenery, an abandoned village, standing stones, and so much more. You will not only see amazing places but Andrew tells you the history and lore of all the places you go. He is a wonderful storyteller with a great sense of humor. His tour is the highlight of my trip! I feel I really got to see a part of Scotland only the locals generally see.

Date of experience: May 2023

Yeah we definitely went a wee bit off the beaten path there. I also loved the tour.
Thanks for being lovely and thanks for taking the time to write a review. It really is appreciated.

Reviewed 17 April 2023

Andrew took a bunch of slightly mad Yorkshire girls around the beautiful sites of Scotland and survived. A fountain of knowledge and a friendly face we all had a great time. An asset to keeping scottish heritage alive and would highly recommend. Thank you Andrew and I dare say we will be back!

Date of experience: April 2023
1  Thank MaddieH451
thescotproj, Owner at Get Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2023

That day was a giggle from start to finish. I think I had more fun than all of you!
For clarity though, I was driving for another company called Scottish Guided Tours and the owner Niall McOwen works tirelessly to ensure his clients are looked after, until I picked you all up. Then you all worked tirelessly to keep me laughing all day.
It was a real pleasure and thank you for the lovely review.

Reviewed 1 April 2023 via mobile

Well to be honest it wasn’t great didn’t have the feel off a castle. Some interesting bits but have seen a lot better. One of the food places was ok but by the time you paid for the food it was cold and it was cold in there as well.
But we hadn’t been there before so the only really good thing I can say is the views where nice

Date of experience: March 2023
thescotproj, Owner at Get Off The Beaten Path, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2023

We have never met or spoke or engaged in any way Samantha. You have never toured with me but if you had done I’m sure you would have had a fantastic time.
I’m sure that this review is intended for Stirling Castles trip advisor page and not mine and I’ve contacted Trip Advisor about this review and they are refusing to remove it.
Please Samantha, if you get an opportunity, could you delete this review. It’s simply in the wrong place.