“Fab Festive Weekend”
Review of Golden Lion Hotel

Golden Lion Hotel
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I had a great weekend at the Golden Lion with a group of friends. Thoroughly enjoyed festive partying on Friday night, band entertainment and DJ very good at encouraging all night dancing! Food excellent with good and efficient service, especially considering the number of different groups on the night. The accommodation was very comfortable with the rooms being extremely clean and generous in size. Staff were very accommodating and informative especially when asking about places to visit in the area. Generous breakfast with the best peppered haggis ever! I would highly recommend this gem of a hotel with Stirling castle very close to hand. Will definitely return when in the area. Booking for next Xmas party night a must!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,018)

Reviewed 18 December 2013

My friends and I had our annual Xmas night out this year at the Golden Lion. We opted for the party night and we were so pleased we did. From start to finish the evening was fantastic, our room was spacious and nicely decorated, staff were all friendly and nothing was a bother at all.
The meal was delicious and promptly served, I loved it. For a night out I would highly recommend and will definitely return.

Room Tip: We had rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor, both were quiet at night.
Reviewed 16 December 2013

There were six of us and we joined various parties who were having Christmas nights out at the Golden Lion. We had a great meal, especially the desserts, I have a sweet tooth! The band were great and everyone joined in the dancing. We stayed the night and the rooms were up to the usual high standard of the Golden Lion, I have stayed here several times. Th staff are always very friendly and helpful. If you are looking for excellent accommodation in the Stirling area I would highly recommend this hotel. Can I just add that one of my friends put some precious sentimental pieces of jewellery under her pillow and promptly forgot about them. She had a call to to inform her and they will post them to her.

Room Tip: All the rooms I have stayed in have been excellent.
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Ideal if you are arriving by public transport but inconvenient if travelling by car as car park is extremely small and difficult to get to, this was our third time for a party nigh,t the band and disco were good and the meal although small was good quality and tasty.IMO there were far too many people crammed into the function room which was never the case previously which made moving within the room a little difficult.
The room we were given was small but very clean, modern and comfortable.
The breakfast was excellent as usual if not a little chaotic.
Overall this is a nice hotel in a good location right in the centre of town a short walking distance to bus and rail routes and right next to many bars and restaurants.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My workmates and I stayed here on the 7th of December for a party night.
Great food,band,disco,room and stay.
Already planning to have our night out here again next year.
Also thought staff were great too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Goldenlionhotel S, General Manager at Golden Lion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

I will let all the Team know and hope to be of service to you again in the foreseeable future
Regards

Reviewed 12 December 2013

The worst customer service of any hotel I have stayed in. I feel that the customers are an inconvenience that the staff have to tolerate, and frankly I am still at a loss as to why I am to blame for not getting the email sent by the hotel(which they did not produce a copy of) informing us of the need to move hotels and why the uninterested young man on reception did not tell us about it on one of the TWO times we asked if our rooms were ready.
If the need to stay in Sterling arises in the future I will certainly NOT consider this place!

1  Thank 601alisonb
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Excellent meal Christmas meal for 50+ in the Wallace Room. Organisation from booking to table planning to set up of room was first class . This hotel was ideal for our purpose warm & welcoming , the meal was good , the staff both in the bar and serving our meal were professional and pleasant . We had a most enjoyable dinner.
I would reccomend this hotel to any group looking for a dinner or function in the Stirling area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind comments, I will let all the Team know
Regards