Hotel Colessio
US$141
US$131
US$110
Agoda.com
Stirling Court Hotel(Stirling)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$117
US$103
US$97
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stirling M80(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
Premier Inn Stirling South (M9, J9) Hotel(Bannockburn)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbruce suiteclub roomchateaubriandafternoon tealovely hotelhuge bathchristmas party nightlovely decorno air conthe ground floorwaiting staffmain coursetwo night staybed and breakfasta lovely stayweddingaurora
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor it was evident that Hotel Colessio has ran in to many difficulties. Having being let down by builders myself, I feel their pain. Myself and my partner stayed at the hotel and dined in the grill room and our trip was outstanding from start to finish.
I would go as far as say it's the best steak I've ever tasted. The food was classy, creative and great value for money.
Well done to all at the hotel, the hard work certainly paid off and I look forward to future visits.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank pecmac
AuroraHC, Marketing & PR consultant at Hotel Colessio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you so much for your amazing review of your experience at Hotel Colessio and my apologies for the delay in responding. I was delighted to read that you had such a good time and were well looked after. I shall pass on your comments to the Chef. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Elizabeth

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We visited Hotel Colessio on Saturday evening for a few drinks and to check out the cocktails and weren't disappointed. The cocktails were delish, with fresh raspberries and strawberry in them and pretty reasonably priced. The staff were so friendly and one of them went out of his way to make a non-alcoholic cocktail which was also a treat. My other half had a pint of lager, which I felt was reasonably priced at £3.95.

They've done an amazing job of decorating this place and its very plush - the carpets were so thick that I felt like I was going to fall over, and the toilets were gorgeous with lovely products from The White Company. Next time we will definitely try the food and hopefully a nights stay over.

The only drawback? - I had hoped it would've been a cocktail bar type of environment, but found it more of a hotel reception type of environment where everyone was a bit "whispery" - But I put that down to the place being brand new and I'm sure the atmosphere will lighten a bit once its been open for a few weeks.

Well done - I'll definitely be back with the girls for some more cocktails :-)

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank gillcr71

Thank you so much for your lovely comments about your recent visit to Hotel Colessio. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit - and our cocktail creations, and liked the ambience we have created in the hotel. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as this is essential to ensure we meet our guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon and thanks again for your lovely review. Kind regards, Elizabeth

Reviewed 20 July 2014

As this had been billed as a grand opening of a new luxury hotel, I'd dismissed the reviews on here - being 3 years old etc. Amazingly there still appears to be the very same problem. My "courtesy" call was 22 hours before arrival to warn of not being open. I could hear building work in background whilst being told about unforeseen problems beyond their control, haha. No way to deal with customers, I intend to give the whole group a body swerve in future.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank durkit

My apologies for the delay in responding to your comments. I can only apologise for the disappointment caused by the last minute cancellation of your visit to Hotel Colessio. We tried our very best to open the hotel, however the postponement was due to circumstances beyond our control; and we advised guests as soon as we were aware that the opening would have to be delayed. I know that this is of little comfort and we are very sorry that we let you down. We value our customers and to compensate you, we would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back as our guests on a complimentary basis. If you could email me at elizabeth@aurorahotelcollection.com with your contact details, I will get back to you as a priority. While disappointing to read your comments, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as this is essential to ensure we improve our customer service. I look forward to hearing from you and, again, my sincere apologies. Kind regards, Elizabeth

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just home from a delicious meal and lovely drinks at Colessio!! Yes, it's been a long time coming but in my opinion well worth the wait!! We didn't stay but went for drinks and a meal!! Service was perfect and all staff were very hospitable and chatty and the food was impeccable!! I had a steak which was cooked to perfection!! Everything else was brill!!! Only fault was we weren't staying overnight but given the fact we only live ten minutes from the hotel it was a bit excessive!! This hotel is exactly what Stirling has been crying out for for a long time!! Well done to all!!

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank akm210276

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at Hotel Colessio and my apologies for the delay in responding. I was delighted to read such positive comments about your visit and our team. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards Elizabeth

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I’m not quite sure what is going on with this place, especially after reading the below reviews. Is it bad planning? Is it money problems? Is it a scam?
We received a call on Friday at 5pm to tell us that the hotel would not be ready for our stay the following night. We received another one the next morning telling us the same thing.
So quite thorough notification, albeit a little late. When we queried this short notice, we were told it was a council hold up with paperwork. We did a drive by the next day en route to their sister hotel Airth Castle (their recommended substitute which was a far cry from being “Scotland's newest and most luxurious 5-star hotel” but I’ll let that one go as at least they were open) and it didn’t look like paperwork was holding up proceedings. It looked like building work. Quite a lot of it. It looked like there was never any hope of them being ready on 12th July. The massive banner outside which said “Opens 16th July 2014” was also a bit of a giveaway. The whole farce would have been (only slightly) less irritating had the Aurora Group not been sending me soliciting emails over the last two months, enticing me to book a romantic break in the month of July. It wasn’t even that cheap a deal. The selling point was the fact it was a brand new boutique hotel and looked pretty amazing in the pictures. The marketing people appear to have done a fantastic and abysmal job all at the same time.
Maybe it will be amazing one day……..I bet it’s still not open though. At least I hadn’t booked my wedding there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple