“No way is it a 5 star hotel”
Review of Hotel Colessio

Hotel Colessio
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Stirling
“No way is it a 5 star hotel”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I had high hopes for the hotel. it looked nice from the outside and the reception/bar area seemed nice. Our bedroom was very small and once you put your bags down there wasn't too much room to move about. The bathroom seemed spacious enough though the finishing is definitely not what I would expect from a so called 5 star hotel. The tiling round the sink had a massive space and generally just was not great. We booked dinner in the restaurant which was a nightmare. One of the steaks came with the wrong sauce and rare instead of well done and we had to ask more than once for an update on the reason. After that we just went out into Stirling for some drinks rather than stay at the hotel. On check out the bill was completely wrong with drinks from the bar being added on, our dinner allowance not taken off and other small charges that could not be explained by reception. I wouldn't be in a rush to go back to this hotel and would no recommend it. I agree with the wifi comments it was shocking we could not even get connected even though it was showing a strong signal. Too many little things wrong that added up to a not very good experience.

3 Thank Gayle76
AuroraHC, Marketing & PR at Hotel Colessio, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your recent experience of Hotel Colessio.I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your stay and that we clearly failed to meet your expectations. We take your feedback very seriously and I would be grateful if you could email me at Elizabeth@aurorahotelcollection.com with your contact details. I will then discuss with Steven McLeod, Chief Executive, and get back to you as a priority. While disappointing to read your comments, I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as this is essential to ensure we improve our customer service. I look forward to hearing from you and, again, my sincere apologies. Kind regards, Elizabeth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Polish first
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed there for 4 nights. The room I stayed, was so small that there were no space to open my suitcase. I complained that the pictures on their websites were completely different, and the receptionist said that the website needed an update.
The wifi connection was terrible, throwing my out all the time in all my devices. The breakfast variety was very limited, and if you wanted something extra, you had to order and pay for it.
For a five star, and the most expensive in Stirling, I found it disappointing in many ways. Wouldn't go there again.

Room Tip: Avoid room 103. Too much noise coming from the corridor and extremely small, without view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Agis K
AuroraHC, Marketing & PR consultant at Hotel Colessio, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on the quality of service and facilities we offer and were disappointed to read that you did not enjoy your stay. Guest feedback is essential to ensure that we meet & exceed our customer expectations. As such I would be very grateful if you could email me with your contact details and more information on your stay, so that I can look into the various matters, discuss with the Chief Executive, Steven McLeod and get back to you. My email address is elizabeth@aurorahotelcollection.com. I appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback and look forward to hearing from you. Elizabeth
London
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Liked: modern, luxury style of decor, deep carpets, designer style furnishings and fixtures
Friendliness of staff
White linen toiletries, clean, new-looking white towels, bathrobe and slippers
The modern bathroom fittings and contemporary feel of the whole hotel
The lamb at dinner
Not impressed by: lack of reliable wi fi
Bin in bathroom still contained previous guest's rubbish
Room size small
Wardrobe tiny, door hard to open fully but also wouldn't close - black MDF with visible chip near bottom and tape on either end of the clothes rail
No chest of drawers, only 2 bedside cabinets with 1 drawer and the rest open
Towel rail hard to get to behind bathroom door, no hook for bath robe, poor use of space in bathroom for storeage
Some aspects of decor tacky - white leather booths with diamond style buttons in them aren't going to be loved by everyone
No minibar
No pool
Staff well intentioned and friendly but standard of service not 5*

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Visitor345
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Hotel Colessio and my apologies for the delay in responding. I am delighted that you liked the furnishings and style of the hotel, but was disappointed that other elements of your stay did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on the service and facilities that we offer, and always welcome feedback to ensure that we can improve our guest experience.

As such, I would be very grateful if you would email me with your contact details and more information on your stay, so that I can investigate the various items you mention. I will then discuss with Steven McLeod, Chief Executive and get back to you. My email address is elizabeth@aurorahotelcollection.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Elizabeth.
Oban, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here last night as part of our Ruby Wedding Anniversary celebration. We were not disappointed! on arrival we were greeted at reception by a most pleasant and helpful young lady, who informed us that we had been upgraded to a suite. This set the tone for the rest of our stay. The bar and restaurant staff are all very helpful, courteous and pleasant. the food in the dining room is second to none. All in all a very special experience and one we can't wait to repeat. thank you Hotel Colessio for making our weekend very special!

Room Tip: All rooms are very well appointed
3 Thank gddewar
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hotel Colessio. I am delighted that you decided to celebrate your Ruby Wedding with us, and that you enjoyed your stay. It was great to know that our facilities, food & staff met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, Elizabeth
Hamilton
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My husband and I decided to splash out for our 2nd Wedding Anniversary and booked their sexy Sunday deal. We arrived and parked at the back with ease. Was greeted by friendly staff and after booking in took the stairs to our first floor room, the decor was absolutely stunning throughout. Our room was very small my husband slightly disappointed but we had a queen sized bed and a stunning bathroom I just loved it. The bath was big enough for 2, the whole room was clean n tidy and complimentary bathrobe and slippers were packed nicely into drawstring bag on the bed. We went down for dinner and was given a big booth, it was perfect. Only thing we weren't keen on was the starters, the choice of different fish dishes or feta cheese wasn't to our taste and the soup was broccoli and blue cheese. So we had main, dessert & finished with a fancy hot chocolate. Wasn't to expensive (we had £25 each to spend on dinner)and service was great, staff friendly and chatted to us. Breakfast was lovely, expensive but it was included in our price so was fine both had a pot of tea and freshly brewed coffee offered when seated and toast while we choose what we wanted. Was hoping to get a wee treat for our anniversary but we didn't, was ok though we took our own Champaign.
Central to shopping centre, castle and if you fancy a few cheaper cocktails weatherspoons right down the road.

1 Thank potaruru
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at Hotel Colessio, and my apologies for the delay in responding. I am delighted that you and your husband decided to celebrate your wedding anniversary with us, and that you enjoyed your visit. I am sorry that your husband found your room a little small, but it is good to know that you liked the style and furnishings of the room. In relation to the menu at the Grill Room, I am sorry that some dishes didn’t appeal - we have tried to create a varied menu to with something to suit everyone and our Executive Chef, Linsey, is continuing to refine and develop our menu offering. I do hope you will consider visiting Hotel Colessio again in the future and should you require any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me at elizabeth@aurorahotelcollection.com. Kind regards, Elizabeth
Alloa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

From the moment the 4 of us to celebrate our anniversaries the staff couldn't have been more attentive and helpful. All the food we had was lovely, no complaints. All fresh, hot and very well presented. All this on an exceptionally busy evening in the restaurant. We would definitely revisit this lovely restaurant with exciting decor, not boring in anyway.....well done to the staff and chefs, it was lovely to see young waiters and waitresses given the chance in such a upmarket venue.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to Hotel Colessio. I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your evening at our Grill Room and that our food, ambience and staff met your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve our guest experience and feedback such as yours is essential. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Kind regards, Elizabeth
Stirling
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Amazing luxury - outstanding decor.

Staff friendly and whilst still getting to grips with the hotel I am sure they will get through teething problems.

Yes a pool or spa would be nice but what made my visit was the great food along with the friendly service not only shown to adults but to my 4 year old son too! Nice to have somewhere to go as a family for special occasions.

Will be returning soon......

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely comments on your recent stay at Hotel Colessio. We really appreciate you taking the time to review your stay as feedback such as yours is essential to ensure that we are meeting our customer expectations; and is particularly important for Hotel Colessio, which has only recently opened. We are continuing our programme of staff development and training,so hopefully when you return, any teething issues will have been resolved. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Elizabeth