“Why is this only 25th best restaurant? Should be much higher!”
Review of Mediterranea

Mediterranea
Ranked #41 of 229 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$13 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A casual and cozy restaurant with a meze and tapas menu featuring dishes from many corners of the Mediterranean, including Greece, Spain and other Eastern Mediterranean countries. Mediterranea also serves as a local arts and events venue for the Stirling community, hosting a variety of events including live music gigs, dj parties, jam nights, poetry and art exhibitions, author talks, theatrical performances and more.
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

We had a groupon deal which made this place amazing value. The meze with sangria was very good and we felt that the Greek dishes tasted exactly the same as when we have eaten in Greece. The service was excellent with the waitress chatting to us about travel and food or otherwise letting us enjoy our meal in peace. I cannot stand when waiters hover over you so the service here was perfect. Even though we used a groupon deal there was no pressure to buy additional drinks or food. Try this restaurant!

2  Thank A B

Reviewed 10 March 2014

With excellent reviews both on tripadvisor and from friends I thought I would try this place out. All I can say is I wish I hadn't gone. The food was so bland. Service was okay and prompt but the waitress appeared to be void of personality and did not really enhance the experience. Tesco does a better houmous than this place, all the tapas came with the exact same side salad, the felafel again I could get better out of a supermarket (cauldron foods do better felafel). The halloumi was literally just halloumi no chilli or garnish or something to make it a little more exciting. If you want a good meal walk across the road to the Green Gate Indian restaurant where the service is fantastic as well as the food. Why pay through your nose to eat at a restaurant when you could easily produce something better at home?!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This meal was part of a Groupon deal, but the portions and standard of food was excellent. We were served our starter of houmous, olives and baba ganoush (along with a jug of sangria) almost as soon as we were seated. This came along with lovely warm pitta bread. From then on, the food just kept on coming. As a vegetarian, I was offered alternative food and it was also delicious. The greek gyro apparently was delicious, but the other three in the party found it difficult to finish, as there had been so much food offered previously.

Staff are attentive and friendly. Would definitely recommend this place, and we will be back

1  Thank carolg61
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a lovely early evening supper here. We had Meze and Sangria and loved it all - especially the Sangria! The owners are super and really care that you have a lovely evening - you feel you are on holiday! Will be back especially when they have a live music night.

1  Thank Homebaker2
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Myself, my wife and our 2 children arrived for an early evening sitting, we were actually 15 mins early but this was no problem we were made feel very welcome. The food was excellent, everything was fresh and delicious and we really appreciated the way the staff leave you to enjoy your meal, they check everything is to your satisfaction, but never become intrusive. I ordered a bottle of the house red and this was also lovely, all courses were very filling and everything was cooked to perfection, my family will definitely be back. All together a terrific dining experience, if you want authentic, laid back delicious food, then this is the place to try.

1  Thank Eudo09