“Excellent - don't miss it!”

The Battle of Bannockburn Experience
Book In Advance
More Info
US$14.39*
and up
Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre Entrance Ticket
Ranked #6 of 63 things to do in Stirling
More attraction details
Owner description: An incredible new experience that changes how you learn about Scottish history. The brand new Battle of Bannockburn visitor experience; an innovative attraction with state-of-the-art 3D battle simulation that transforms the way visitors of all ages learn about Bannockburn.
Lancashire
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent - don't miss it!”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We all loved this centre, particularly the battle game. Make sure that you book in advance as it gets busy and make sure that you visit if you are anywhere near Stirling.

1 Thank ClaireSmith

Riverside, California
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We arrived about 45 minutes before the "show," and were told we would need to book asap, as there were only 8 spots still available to participate in the video/3D interactive game. When it was explained to us, even my 17-year old son, who is an avid video gamer, felt this was just too lame to do - in our 50's, my husband and I both have minimal experience with video games, mostly just puzzles. This was an interact RPG, in 3D surround-sound, that takes place all around you. It doesn't give you any history of the battle, just ways that you can change the outcome of the battle during the game. Better to walk out to the monument and actual battle field, which costs nothing, and soak in the actual history. Also, the gift shop was cheesy - foam sword sets of Robert the Bruce and other kids stuff, expensive chain mail jewelry... Just an overall disappointment.

3 Thank Lissannie
South Molton, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Hubby Disappointed”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was disappointing to find you have to pre-book to do the games/event and as a drive by visitor we weren't able to come back at the time they could offer.

We did however walk up to the monument and take some photos for our collection.

Durham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Travelled up from Durham to Scotland, one of the highlights of the trip was to visit the Bannockburn Visitor Centre. I found there was absolutely nothing there to see or do for the casual visitor, and there were no slots available for the £14 tour. All that is available for the casual visitor is the cafe and a walk up to the monument. In all of that there isn't a scrap of information available about the battle. Very disappointing. DONT VISIT....Its sad that you can sit at home and get more information about Bannockburn from YouTube than by actually visiting the Visitor Centre.

7 Thank nidan2413
Manitoba
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Appealing to young teenager set”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I was there with about 40 others on a tour. There were a couple of positives:
The memorial outside is very poignant and moving. No doubt.
The battle scene (electronic) puts the images right in front of your face. Well done.
Having said that - much of the entire show was childish, boring, and disorganized. We were all looking at one another "what are we supposed to do?". Somehow I ended up in the wrong line and was shouted at by an employee for being in the wrong line. I do not like being treated as a child by a 20-ish employee. Perhaps this show has just reopened but it was AWFUL. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I was bored stiff. It has a nice cafeteria where my Dad sat waiting for me. I would never go back there again - such a disappointment for such an important place in Scottish history.

Visited July 2014