“Mostly great feelings!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Went for breakfast after a Sunday gym session, and for starters the food is beautiful. But the only waitress on was rude and rushed off her feet. Not pricey at all on menu but specials are. So recommended if you have patience and tolerance for rude people.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Please do not be put off by the outside appearance. The building looks like a big bus shelter but when you enter - how wonderful it is. It is bright, friendly, warm glowing wood stove & the meals are exceptional. This is no chain restaurant with ready made meals! First class menu - & friendly family service. If you just want a quick snack before going to the cinema across the way it is ideal too & all cakes are homemade. The hot chocolate is to die for. The specials menu is so different from most of what's on offer in the other eating places in the area. Once you have eaten here you want to tell everyone about it. I have dined here several times & been delighted each time.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I have been to Gabe's on countless occasions and not got round to reviewing it yet. Over the recent months it seems to have become increasingly popular as the word has got around!

I have dined here for breakfast, lunch and dinner and none has let me down. I also like how Gabe's are also happy to accommodate if you are just meeting your friend for coffee. On my most recent visit I took friends who were staying with me as it is a regular place I like to go - we all had the fish and chips which was divine! I should definitely have had it before I did! One of my friends is gluten free and they even managed to cater for her by giving her a different batter - thoughtful! Not many places are as efficient at catering for somebody who is gluten free. Other food I can recommend on the menu is the risotto, pizza, sandwiches and definitely all the items on the delicious breakfast menu.

The only thing that made me resit from giving Gabe's a 5 is that I feel staff could be more professional. Often if it is a quieter spell they just stand chatting casually when really there should always be a job to do! In addition, sometimes staff do not have their hair tied back and don't look smart. However, staff are friendly most of the time.

Overall, I enjoy coming here. It is misleading from the outside and is definitely one of Stirling's hidden gems.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have dined here on several occasions, every time is as good as the other.
Outside the place looks like a bus stop, and inside doesn't look like a restaurant should either the metal construction limits how this can be improved.
inside the food and staff cannot be improved every dish i have tried has been truly astonishing, it has a wide and varied menu, the care and attention to detail shows with every meal.
The staff are Real professionalals and effortlessly provide a relaxed efficient service.
It is a small venue with limited seats. No alchohol sold on site but corkage charged for byob, if you can ignore the decor it has the best atmosphere and food for many a mile.
I will be back again and again :-)

Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Had a great meal at Gabe's Diner on Saturday night. Chose from the specials menu and had 2 great courses. Very enjoyable and well worth the money.