“Great Restaurant and Atmosphere ”

Brea - Scottish Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 236 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at Brea were all about love. We love taking fresh locally sourced ingredients and turning them into delicious dishes offering a modern or traditional take on Scottish cuisine. Our seafood comes from the West Coast of Scotland and we use local food suppliers to fully showcase Scotland's larder. All this combined with our large selection of Scottish spirits, ciders and craft beers brings you the ultimate food lovers experience.
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Ate here on Saturday night and really enjoyed it. The menu was good, a nice selection. I had the scallops and they were delicious. We also had a nice white wine. Prices were very reasonable and service was friendly. Would recommend.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My wonderful girlfriend and I have dined in Brea on a number of occasions, each time I have been eager to return.

What you get from Brea is exactly what you would expect, unassuming, basic but very well made food. Each time we have had various burgers. Each are wholesome and very tasty. The different options to customise your burger mean that, depending on how hungry you are, you can always get something suited to your needs. The sides of fries - whether chunky or skinny - are plentiful, crispy and hot. The choice of beer is wonderful also, with a wide range of craft beers and guest ales.

A special mention to our waiter on each occasion, who perfectly combines witty chat with very professional service, which affords periods of peace to have your own conversation and enjoy your meal. He is very knowledgeable, in terms of both food and drink recommendations.

The slight drawback is the limitations of the menu, though it can be accepted, given it is a small restaurant with a commitment to freshness.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

On the recommendation of my son who lives in Stirling we went to Brea as a family meal, just the 5 of us for a final meal at the end of a holiday. I was impressed when we asked for a table for 5 that they moved a table rather than just pushing a place at the end of a table for 4. The service was excellent, the waiter had just the right balance of cheeky chatter whilst remaining unobtrusive, I was impressed by the cleanliness of the place. The menu was a good range of varied foods including a good vegetarian selection. The quality of the food was excellent, in fact my only complaint was that I would have liked some bread to mop up the excellent Jus served with my venison. A highlight meal and event in our holiday.

1  Thank Lloyd H
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Upscale food and service, yet decent prices. Really the best dining in downtown Stirling. Small and intimate, friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I love this wee restaurant. The burgers are just awesome, home made breads, burgers, onion rings, pickles, nice toppings...wow. Been a regular for well over a year now. I have never been disappointed. The menu offers something for everybody and all very reasonable, you often see students popping in, so if they think its good value!. The best part about this place is that there are not too many tables, you feel like you have space to enjoy your meal. Some places are all about packing people in, not here. Its about enjoying yourself. We Love it. And the service is welcoming, they even gave us vouchers because we went so much. Not many places reward you like that. A free beer would have been adequate, very generous of them. Lets hope people enjoy and support this small business and not let it disappear like so many other small niche eateries in the area have done lately.

1  Thank SG R