“Cozy Setting and Delicious Food!”

Brea - Scottish Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 246 Restaurants in Stirling
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Here at Brea were all about love. We love taking fresh locally sourced ingredients and turning them into delicious dishes offering a modern or traditional take on Scottish cuisine. Our seafood comes from the West Coast of Scotland and we use local food suppliers to fully showcase Scotland's larder. All this combined with our large selection of Scottish spirits, ciders and craft beers brings you the ultimate food lovers experience.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came here on a recommendation and were not disappointed. Wonderful service including that from the owner himself!! We had the Smoked Salmon, Vodka and Dill Tagliatelle and Wild Mushroom & Spinach Risotto. Both pastas cooked al dente with incredible flavor. You MUST save room for the Sticky Toffee Pudding :) Presentation of all dishes were beautiful.
Our server was new but very eager and willing to help us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had dinner here as my hotel doesn’t do food in the evenings. What a find. Staff were exceptionally friendly, knowledgeable and helpful advising on different dishes. Food is cooked fresh and it shows, dishes are very professionally presented and of high quality. The scallops starter was sublime.
Brea doesn’t look that inviting from the outside which is a shame, but don’t let that put you off, venture inside and I doubt you will be disappointed. Definitely one to visit again. Top notch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There were some decent moments, but top to bottom the experience was disappointing. Service was polite and inoffensive but also inattentive. Soups were very nice, but the entrees on our table fell flat. The burger was overpriced for an average offering. Salmon & prawn salad was bland and felt like something I'd whip up for a quick dinner at home.

It's not a terribly expensive restaurant, but you're paying a decent premium that was not reflected - across the board, at least - in the service and food.

BreaStirling, Owner at Brea - Scottish Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Sorry to hear your disappointment. I guess we’ll just have to put you down as the one we couldn’t please. As 87% of our reviews are four or five star, I suppose that the vast majority of our customers love what we do.

All the best,

Rob

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a meal here with a few friends and the food was brilliant. I’d recommend the haggis... it’s perfect! The service was also very good and attentive, exactly what you want for a little place.

I also think it’s well priced, we all ate for just over £20 per head for a main and a couple drinks.

Well worth the visit whilst in Stirling

Reviewed 7 October 2018

Great wee place, staff friendly, I’m glad we have a nice Scottish touch in Stirling, I’ll definitely return